New LaGuardia (LGA) - Little Rock (LIT) service

Old Aug 12, 13, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
New LaGuardia (LGA) - Little Rock (LIT) service

American will begin twice daily (daily on Saturday) CRJ-700 service between LaGuardia and Little Rock on 21 November 2013.

AA 2822 LGA 1415-1630 LIT CR7 xSa
AA 3285 LGA 1820-2040 LIT CR7 Daily

AA 3324 LIT 0620-1010 LGA CR7 xSa
AA 3325 LIT 0650-1040 LGA CR7 Sa
AA 2822 LIT 1705-2055 LGA CR7 xSa

Note flights are currently not bookable and only loaded through 7 January 2014. As 7 January is a major schedule change day, I assume that's an error and it will be fixed next week.
Old Aug 12, 13, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cool. Which flights were trimmed to open up these slots?
Old Aug 12, 13, 10:59 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the full routing LGA-LIT-NRT?
Old Aug 12, 13, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
LIT-NRT can't be far behind then can it? Or will AA be codesharing with Infinite Airways on the service?
Old Aug 12, 13, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FWAAA View Post
Cool. Which flights were trimmed to open up these slots?
Fayetteville, Raleigh and O'Hare lose a frequency each.

But Miami gains two frequencies, PBILGA is added (2x daily) and STL gains a fourth daily.

AA doesn't fully use it's LaGuardia slots as there is a rule that an airline can keep its slots as long as they are use 80% of the time.
Old Aug 12, 13, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post

But Miami gains two frequencies, PBILGA is added (2x daily) and STL gains a fourth daily.

AA doesn't fully use it's LaGuardia slots as there is a rule that an airline can keep its slots as long as they are use 80% of the time.
Oh no!! RDU goes down to 9X daily?!!

And I wondered why some ex-LGA routes had so many daily flights and STL only had 3. Do you know how many slot pairs AA actually holds out of LGA? I think they operate ~105-110 daily departures. And US I believe has ~65.
Old Aug 12, 13, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Thank you!!!!! Would've come in real handy for me last week so I can't wait. So next question is, are they going to offer any bonus miles for the route?
Old Aug 12, 13, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

I believe AA has around 125 pairs and US around 70. Combine AA+US will hold 32% of LGA slots (DL holds 41%).
Old Aug 12, 13, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fanjet View Post
Oh no!! RDU goes down to 9X daily?!!

And I wondered why some ex-LGA routes had so many daily flights and STL only had 3. Do you know how many slot pairs AA actually holds out of LGA? I think they operate ~105-110 daily departures. And US I believe has ~65.
Fanjet: You were right about ORD! Apparently it doesn't need all 18 daily flights; 17 is the proper number.
Old Aug 12, 13, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post

Thanks! Recall a few years ago when AA offered to relinquish some LGA slots on the condition that they be permanently retired and not handed out to other airlines? Of course, when the answer was NFW, AA's response was to increase frequencies on relatively short flights to RDU, BNA and to fully use that 80% rule.
Old Aug 12, 13, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Fanjet: You were right about ORD! Apparently it doesn't need all 18 daily flights; 17 is the proper number.
Well. It looks like AA took our "happy medium". I was gunning for 16, while you held onto 18. So they settled on 17 instead!

And the fact that there are apparently 20 or so unused slot pairs between the two carriers, in addition to the 13X daily PHL flights amongst others that can take a haircut, the new airline can add a lot of nonstop destinations from LGA.
Old Aug 12, 13, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Thanks! Recall a few years ago when AA offered to relinquish some LGA slots on the condition that they be permanently retired and not handed out to other airlines? Of course, when the answer was NFW, AA's response was to increase frequencies on relatively short flights to RDU, BNA and to fully use that 80% rule.
I remember that. Permanently retiring slots seems a good way to reduce congestion at LGA. Airlines could use larger planes to carry the same number of passengers with fewer flights.
Old Aug 12, 13, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
LIT-NRT can't be far behind then can it? Or will AA be codesharing with Infinite Airways on the service?
Jerry, I hope that you will not be disappointed when AA begins service to HND rather than NRT. There are a lot of tarmac slots available to support such service that lands after 10 PM and takes off on a return flight before 7 AM.
Old Aug 12, 13, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
Oh wow.....does this new route actually signal that Hillary is running? (Remembering Delta's DCA-LIT 1-stopper during her previous White House years.....)

I'm surprised AA isn't including a Walmart special stop at XNA..... would timing work well for a LGA-LIT-XNA.....XNA-LIT-LGA?......no need to match Southwest pricing out of LIT?
Old Aug 12, 13, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by peersteve View Post
Oh wow.....does this new route actually signal that Hillary is running? (Remembering Delta's DCA-LIT 1-stopper during her previous White House years.....)

I'm surprised AA isn't including a Walmart special stop at XNA..... would timing work well for a LGA-LIT-XNA.....XNA-LIT-LGA?......no need to match Southwest pricing out of LIT?
There are already NS flights from XNA-LGA. Taken a couple of them over the past few years.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: