FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Please continue the Kellogg's certs promotion! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/149260-please-continue-kelloggs-certs-promotion.html)

texana Nov 17, 2001 6:48 am

Please continue the Kellogg's certs promotion!

I have done very well collecting Kellogg's certs for AA FF miles and have discovered several Kellogg's products that I really like. The longest exp date I can now find is 11/30/02 which gives me hope that this fine promotion is going to be continued.

I get miles 3 ways on this. I shop at Tom Thumb grocery stores which gives me AA FF miles for purchases. I use my Delta Am. Ex. card for double Delta miles. As a finale, I get the certs AA miles.

Please keep this fine promotion going!!

sim Nov 17, 2001 7:35 am

I agree!!! Just a year ago I had a balance of 0 as did my 10 year old daughter. Between the 20/20 Promo and Kellogg's I now have over 60K and my daughter has over 30K. I love the AA promo's that require no flying.

Island Nov 17, 2001 8:31 am

I agree with Texaana and Sim, I have found some new cereals I may not otherwise have tried, my granddaughter gets the mileage certificates for a trip one day to Disneyworld, and my wife has Tom Thumb credits. Thats spreading 100 mile certificates a long ways. I also hope they continue. Good point.

Jill, we hope you are better...

texana Nov 17, 2001 6:12 pm

Tom Thumb is treating us very well with all the opportunities for miles. Yes, I know that we pay a bit more to get them, but I love the game!

Some folks are stapling the certs. Didn't know we could do that. What's the opinion?

TxAAFlyer Nov 17, 2001 6:55 pm

Never knew Granola could taste so good! Only 20 boxes to go.

flowerchild Nov 17, 2001 10:06 pm

I wonder if Kelloggs is not putting out as many certificates, especially the 500 mile Eggos, due to overwhelming response and what was surely a logistical nightmare for them.
Sam's and Costco haven't had any since the beginning of August, and the Nutri-Grains are getting scarce.

TNTina Nov 18, 2001 5:58 am

Hey you DFWers! Tell us non Texan's a little about Tom Thumb. Can we order our maintanince prescriptions using their pharmacy as a mail order and get milage credit as non-residents? Are their store prices comparable to other options avaliable to you locally?

Island Nov 18, 2001 8:21 am

TNTina

I dont do a lot of comparative shopping other than looking at the newpaper ads, so not sure if we are getting the best prices. But Im like other folks on F-T. I pass an Albersons and Kroger to get to a TT, just to get the miles, and I may be paying a little more. Dont know. This grocery chain covers the DFW and Houston area, also known as Randalls. Maybe more?

Im not sure about the Rx issues. Maybe someone can help out with that.

Hope you find a lot of miles.

[This message has been edited by Island (edited 11-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Island (edited 11-18-2001).]

Hagbard Viking Nov 18, 2001 8:27 am

TNTina,

You may be able to find the info you want at www.tomthumb.com .

texana Nov 18, 2001 7:57 pm

You need to sign up for a Reward Card to get the AA miles. I looked around on the site and couldn't find out about Rx's. My local Tom Thumb pharmacy is (817) 294-9994.

You need a different Reward Card for each person in your family who wants to gather FF miles.

When you use your Reward Card, you get reduced prices on some items.

Also when you get your Reward Card, you get to stipulate what local charity gets a portion of your purchases. We prefer the local Humane Society, but there are hundreds of places to choose from--schools, churches, charities, etc.

I saw a similar program in Taos, NM but my card wouldn't work in that grocery store. The shopper in line ahead of me 'lent' me her card so I could get the reduced prices on some items. Of course, she got my miles.

I'm doing my T-day shopping tomorrow which should result in a dandy pile of miles!

Good Luck!