FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Business ExtrAA or On Business? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1492231-business-extraa-business.html)

DIRECT MERIT Aug 8, 13 3:43 am

Business ExtrAA or On Business?
 
Hi -

I am registered for both Business ExtrAA and BA's On Business. If I flew LHR-US on an AA flight number but BA metal (ticket purchased on AA.com), which programme would I accrue points on? Right now, looking at both accounts, it's neither!

Thanks.

Tolarian Wind Aug 8, 13 5:34 am

Which programs account number did you use?

TW

Tafflyer Aug 8, 13 6:45 am

I don't know about Business ExtrAA, since not a member, but On Business requires a BA flight number to credit. BA code shares on AA metal credit for TATL at the same rate as BA but US domestic credits at a poor rate and only in conjunction with a TATL.

My guess is that for AA flight numbers you need to credit to Business ExtrAA.

AmericanAirlines Aug 9, 13 10:33 am


Originally Posted by DIRECT MERIT (Post 21235324)
Hi -

I am registered for both Business ExtrAA and BA's On Business. If I flew LHR-US on an AA flight number but BA metal (ticket purchased on AA.com), which programme would I accrue points on? Right now, looking at both accounts, it's neither!

Thanks.

You may earn Business Extra points on published fares when flying on AA codeshare flights on British Airways, Iberia, Japan Airlines and Qantas when ticketed on AA ticket Stock. More information can be found here: https://www.businessextraa.com/i18n/...rs/JBAINFO.jsp

DIRECT MERIT Aug 9, 13 11:40 am


Originally Posted by AmericanAirlines (Post 21243324)
You may earn Business Extra points on published fares when flying on AA codeshare flights on British Airways, Iberia, Japan Airlines and Qantas when ticketed on AA ticket Stock. More information can be found here: https://www.businessextraa.com/i18n/...rs/JBAINFO.jsp

Thanks - my first flight was only 10 days ago so maybe it'll take a while to post to the Business Extra account.

mvoight Aug 9, 13 6:59 pm


Originally Posted by DIRECT MERIT (Post 21243701)
Thanks - my first flight was only 10 days ago so maybe it'll take a while to post to the Business Extra account.

I thought they only posted once per month on BE

I am not clear. Was your AA BE number in the booking or was your On Business number on the reservataion?

DIRECT MERIT Aug 10, 13 11:37 am


Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 21245869)
I thought they only posted once per month on BE

I am not clear. Was your AA BE number in the booking or was your On Business number on the reservataion?

Now you mention it, my BE number is in my AA profile, so I guess it is attached to any booking made on AA.com (with an AA flight number) even if the flights are operated by BA metal.

JDiver Aug 10, 13 2:00 pm

It should be, but some of my flights have not actually posted. We'll see what happens with a claim - the info is "6-8 weeks" for miles claimed to show up.


Originally Posted by DIRECT MERIT (Post 21248663)
Now you mention it, my BE number is in my AA profile, so I guess it is attached to any booking made on AA.com (with an AA flight number) even if the flights are operated by BA metal.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:50 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.