AA security line report at LAX?

Old Nov 9, 2001, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
AA security line report at LAX?

Hello,

I'll be flying from LAX next Friday and the Saturday after that (both early morning flights)... my ticket says 'Terminal 4'.

My question is has anyone flown out of LAX and Terminal 4 at about these times? I know security is such hit and miss, so I'd like to get some idea of how early I need to get to the airport. I'll be staying at the Westin LAX the night before my flights both times ($35/night through Priceline...)

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2001, 9:31 am
askworldtraveler

I've flown several times at those times, and never experienced much of a problem - however like you said it's hit or miss. I used to be the person showing up just as the door was closing.... I'm back to beginning the process 1 1/2 before just to be sure - if I have no bags, paper ticket, and can go direct to the club or gate.... 1 hour. You mentioned T-4. AA's flights to San Jose, Bay area, and Las Vegas are generally out of T-3 - lines there a little longer depending on time of day.

Old Nov 9, 2001, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips. I guess a little clarification is in order -- I'm going to HNL (yeah! ) and have two big bags to check. I am flying in first/biz and am AA Platinum.

I was planning to leave the Westin a little over 2 hrs in advance.. which is no problem for my 9am flight on Friday.. I'm not looking forward to it for my 7am flight on Saturday (groan)
Old Nov 9, 2001, 10:41 am

I'm finding that it has been taking less time to check through at T-4, including through security, than it did prior to 9/11. I'm told the nonpriority lines take longer, but you're Platinum and traveling first class. Leaving your hotel 2 hours before your flight should give you lots of time in the Admirals Club! FYI, I'm finding T-3 is taking considerably longer with much longer back ups at security.
Old Nov 9, 2001, 10:52 am
Original Poster

No Admirals Club card, unfortunately Any good place to eat a nice leisurely breakfast in Terminal 4 then?

(I know, going off topic but its my topic )
Old Nov 9, 2001, 10:55 am

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I went through FC check-in and security at Terminal 4 at 09:00 this Wednesday (11/7) in less than 20 minutes.
Old Nov 9, 2001, 3:45 pm

pitflyer, I don't know how good it is, but there is a full service restaurant right across from the Admirals Club in T-4. There is also a Starbucks and some fast food restaurants. Good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.