Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA 10% discount codes 15 Aug - 15 Nov 2013 (NO LONGER AVAILABLE) [Planes promo]

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 22, 2013, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST Members can minimize or maximize this wikipost using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons; Moderators can edit this post.

First and foremost, please DO NOT ASK FOR CODES; code-begging posts will be summarily deleted.

This thread has offered some codes earned by members who played the online "Planes" promo game; those generous members with extra codes will post them here if they wish to.

The thread title has been updated to indicate that the codes are no longer available. If something changes, please use the "alert a moderator" feature, and we'll update accordingly. Thanks! /Moderators
Print Wikipost

AA 10% discount codes 15 Aug - 15 Nov 2013 (NO LONGER AVAILABLE) [Planes promo]

Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:16 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jcresq
Is there any reason to think you don't get full miles or ESP's when using this promo?
I don't know what ESPs are (although something in the name tells me I should know), but you get full everything (except price ), so it doesn't matter what they really are.

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
EQPs...and yes you should have known!
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: QF Silver
Disney Planes 10% promotion

Was wondering if anyone who participated in this recent promotion noticed the same.

A week or so ago I did the on-line game thingie which offered a 10% off your next AA flight code. I read the T&Cs pretty carefully for a window when the code must be booked and expiration of the code. Was expecting the standard this is good for flights booked tomorrow with travel to be completed the day after tomorrow, but didn't see anything like that.

I went ahead and did the promotion, received the e-mail congrats, here is your code message and also read the fine print carefully - still no window of validity.

An hour ago I received a 'You received an earlier email that included your 10% off discount code from American Airlines. As a reminder, the discount code is only valid for flights booked by August 31, 2013 for travel taken by November 15, 2013. Travel is not permitted between August 30, 2013 and September 2, 2013." along with the full small-print terms and conditions, similar terms to the 10% codes offered in another thread.

Am thinking this might be an AA CYA memo for something they forgot to include earlier. Was wondering if someone else happened to notice the same thing or if I just missed it.

Edit: I apologize if this looks silly here especially considering the title of this thread. I started it as a new thread because I didn't feel like it was really covered by the same topic and comments offered here. I wanted to point out that I don't think AA lived up to their original offer but wanted to see if I just missed something before sending a note to AA but obviously the mods disagree.

Last edited by Zarf4; Aug 5, 2013 at 6:23 pm
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got one.

It does look like a huge CYA; somebody messed up on the original T&C language.

The could have 'fessed up to a honest mistake, but chose not to.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Wonder why they called the AA plane TRIPP? Unless they were playing on the word "Trip" .
Tripp, 2 P's. Like BusinessExtraa, AAdvantage, Planaahead, AAnytime. It's a duplicate letter thing.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Zarf4
Was wondering if anyone who participated in this recent promotion noticed the same.

A week or so ago I did the on-line game thingie which offered a 10% off your next AA flight code. I read the T&Cs pretty carefully for a window when the code must be booked and expiration of the code. Was expecting the standard this is good for flights booked tomorrow with travel to be completed the day after tomorrow, but didn't see anything like that.

I went ahead and did the promotion, received the e-mail congrats, here is your code message and also read the fine print carefully - still no window of validity.

An hour ago I received a 'You received an earlier email that included your 10% off discount code from American Airlines. As a reminder, the discount code is only valid for flights booked by August 31, 2013 for travel taken by November 15, 2013. Travel is not permitted between August 30, 2013 and September 2, 2013." along with the full small-print terms and conditions, similar terms to the 10% codes offered in another thread.

Am thinking this might be an AA CYA memo for something they forgot to include earlier. Was wondering if someone else happened to notice the same thing or if I just missed it.

Edit: I apologize if this looks silly here especially considering the title of this thread. I started it as a new thread because I didn't feel like it was really covered by the same topic and comments offered here. I wanted to point out that I don't think AA lived up to their original offer but wanted to see if I just missed something before sending a note to AA but obviously the mods disagree.
I posted the terms earlier, but they were only visible by entering the code and looking at the code restrictions. This was not in the email I received when I got the code. I never got the email you are referring to either.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:12 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mvoight
Tripp, 2 P's. Like BusinessExtraa, AAdvantage, Planaahead, AAnytime. It's a duplicate letter thing.
And the character is called Tripp because its a TRIPle 7.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
If you play the game today, AA is giving out 777 pairs of tickets to see Planes. Won a pair a few minutes ago to take my friend. I loved the movie when I saw it this past weekend.

My thoughts on the film are here (sorry shameless plug).
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: AA, HH, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
So is anyone still getting the 10% codes? I found all 24 things, and alas, no discount code.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I'm late to this thread and tried last night, but also failed to procure a code.

Regards
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Jills
So is anyone still getting the 10% codes? I found all 24 things, and alas, no discount code.
Same thing for me - went through all 24 TWICE and no code. I think it's a pretty annoying little exercise even if you DO get the code.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:05 am

10% off code

Brbpt5la4es5
Old Aug 8, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by mvoight
No one has spell check at AA

the code can only be used in the name of the person who registered right? sorry if this has been asked and answered already
Old Aug 8, 2013, 5:09 pm

Also no code, no star, no discount. And... a few days ago, I recall a blurb within the game that I'd won tickets to the movie, but nothing ever came to my email. :/
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
FYi
Promo codes must be input at the beginning of a reservation. If you have a res on hold you cannot use it.

On another note, I too did not get a code. Perhaps the 10% is over?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.