Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AUS v DFW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
If you really are going to travel a lot, I wouldn't discount the large number of non-stop destinations exDFW. Personally, for me, I don't think I could ever live in a city that didn't have an airport that was a hub for a major carrier. I've come to expect lots of non-stop destinations.

That said, if you had to pick a city in Texas to LIVE in, Austin is a great pick. It's different than any other place in Texas. But I'll go against the grain and say that you still know you are in Texas. The BBQ says Texas. And the TexMex. And so does being in the state capitol. Also, all the ugly burn orange clothes is a constant reminder what state you are in.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; AC 100K
Originally Posted by jsmeeker
That said, if you had to pick a city in Texas to LIVE in, Austin is a great pick. It's different than any other place in Texas. But I'll go against the grain and say that you still know you are in Texas. The BBQ says Texas. And the TexMex. And so does being in the state capitol. Also, all the ugly burn orange clothes is a constant reminder what state you are in.
This might be my favorite quote about our city... as well as
Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
My vote certainly goes to Austin. After attending U.T. at Austin, I lived and worked there many years ago and continue to visit when I can. The city has indeed changed quite a bit over the years but what place hasn't? And besides frequent service to DFW, AA also flies nonstop to LAX, ORD and JFK, of course.....
Old Jul 29, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by daru1
This might be my favorite quote about our city... as well as
lol

Old Jul 29, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
I have lived and commuted in both cities, and I would highly recommend AUS. I had no problem maintaining EXP thanks to the extra two segments every flight, and there are plenty of connection options. The AAngels in Austin are much better consistently, and the whole in out process is much better.

I have lived in Dallas 7 years now, vs 8 years in Austin and if there was more business in Austin I would likely move back. This should be the first year I do not make EXP out of DFW and it is much more of a hustle here as it is essentially 50 round trips a year instead of 25.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.