Search

someone special coupons

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2001, 3:36 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
someone special coupons

i got 8 sos coupons this past week [i'm exp], wife[plat] hasn't received any. in april[i think] we both got 16. does this reflect the cut backs, or what. what have you'all got.
Old Oct 14, 2001, 4:05 pm
Suspended

I got a letter along with 8 SOS coupons following the events of 9-11. The 2 Golds in my family did not.
Old Oct 14, 2001, 10:19 pm

I'm Gold, and have received nothing so far. I'm currently on vacation, so I'll see if I received anything in the mail when I return. I hope I do.

Did you receive 8 sheets (4 coupons each, for a total of 32 coupons), or did you receive 2 sheets (4 coupons each, for a total of 8 coupons)?

Studley
Old Oct 15, 2001, 4:18 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
Kinda related, I notice my SOS say "no expiration" vice the previous versions always carrying a Dec 31 of the next year expiration. Has anything changed in their value to employees?
Old Oct 15, 2001, 5:36 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
i got 2 sheets [8 coupons]. is coupon the right term? i thought about it for a while & gave up, i think everyone will understand..
Old Oct 15, 2001, 11:55 am

Location: "Did you ever see Dallas from an MD-80 at night?" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Warrenlm:
Kinda related, I notice my SOS say "no expiration" vice the previous versions always carrying a Dec 31 of the next year expiration. Has anything changed in their value to employees?</font>
Even those bearing an "expiration date" don't really expire, IIRC.

PLT and nothing in the mail for me. Must be an EXP thing.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 4:16 pm

I also received eight SOS'S with a letter. Looks increasingly like an EXP targeted mailing.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM; Hyatt Gold; SPG Gold
My wife (GLD) received 8 coupons with a letter from M. Gunn regarding extension of elite status, among other things. I (PLT) haven't received the letter or coupons yet. Maybe it's by AAdvantage number.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Platinum; SPG Gold; Priority Club/IHG Platinum Ambassador
When i first got my SOS coupons, I got them just by calling and requesting them. They were more than happy to send them to me in the mail. It took a couple of weeks, but I got them. As a matter of fact i sent one out this morning for an excellent CSR's service (saved me a lot of money on a fare!).
I do love it when they really try to help.

-Eli

------------------
Washington/Miami
AAdvantage Gold

[This message has been edited by Eli Gorin (edited 10-15-2001).]
Old Oct 16, 2001, 1:49 pm

What's an SOS?
Old Oct 16, 2001, 2:54 pm

SomeOne Special

[This message has been edited by Bourne (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old Oct 16, 2001, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by studley:

I'm Gold, and have received nothing so far. I'm currently on vacation, so I'll see if I received anything in the mail when I return. I hope I do.

Did you receive 8 sheets (4 coupons each, for a total of 32 coupons), or did you receive 2 sheets (4 coupons each, for a total of 8 coupons)?

Studley
</font>
S - I'm also Gold and DFW based. Mine came today. Two sheets of 4 = 8.

swag
Old Oct 16, 2001, 3:43 pm

I got a letter today from AA and 8 SOS coupons (2 sheets). I am a loley gold memeber...the letter was dated 10/10 and came today...the letter explained the struggles AA has had over the last month and how they extended elite levels to everyone through 2003...
Old Oct 16, 2001, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UNITED:
What's an SOS?</font>
See here for more information on the SOS program.

FewMiles..

------------------
FlyerTalkers' Resources on the Web: http://fewmiles.tripod.com/
Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage: http://fewmiles.tripod.com/AA/
Unofficial oneworld Info Desk: http://fewmiles.tripod.com/oneworld/
Old Oct 16, 2001, 3:54 pm

btw, my cards say 'cards do not expire' although they say SOS 2001 all over the front...I guess I can use them in 2002 since they don't expire

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.