Status check of AA in LAX please

Old Oct 11, 01, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Status check of AA in LAX please

Just wanted to know if it is still possible to check in at the admirals club at LAX if you have a printed iteniary? What are the waits as of lately? I am going to Honolulu

The reason I am asking is because I waited 2 hours for my American West Flight in Orange County and they were not allowing gate check in and even though I was there 2 hours, they couldnt get me checked in (the line was huge) and I missed my flight. No other airline seemed to have lines this long.

I dont usually fly out of LAX so an update would be much appreciated!
Old Oct 11, 01, 10:28 pm
askworldtraveler

I'm flying out of LAX tomorrow (friday 12th) at 3pm to NYC - would you believe for a weekend of shows and support.... If no one has posted by the time I'm at the airport, I'll leave a note from the AC when I get there. (if my dyslexic mind remembers)

------------------
Askworldtraveler, EXP,4 million AA miles+++

Old Oct 11, 01, 11:04 pm

I fly out of terminal 3 @ LAX every Friday afternoon. The wait isn't long at all if you're flying FC or are have platinum status. You do need to get you boarding pass before you could pass through the security check point, but I think it also depends on the terminal.

I've beeb flying FC and haven't had to wait at all. I get to LAX terminal around 3:30 for my 4:30 flight with time to spare, but I think you will need a little more time if you are flying out of terminal 3 and not flying FC/Platinum. Make sure you know which terminal you're flying out of. AA has terminal 3 and 4.
Old Oct 11, 01, 11:13 pm

You cannot check in at the Admirals Club at LAX. You must have boarding pass to get through security. The lines are much shorter if you are gold or platinum.
Old Oct 11, 01, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Yes you can check in at the Admirals Club in Terminal 3 at LAX.

You will need a printed copy of your eTicket confirmation to get past security.

I fly out of LAX Terminal 3 twice a week and have had no problems showing a printed copy of my eTicket confirmation.
Old Oct 11, 01, 11:30 pm

I think it depends on who's checking your eticket. I've had people let me pass without the boarding and others who insisted that I get my boarding pass prior to passing through the security point.

I didn't realize there was an Admirals Club in terminal 3. I thought it was in terminal 4 and only recently did AA announce that we could now use TWA club facility located above terminal 3.
Old Oct 11, 01, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Stupid Question:

Flying to Honolulu. How do I know which terminal I fly out of?
Old Oct 11, 01, 11:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Starwood (Plat) and every other US program
Diamond: Terminal 4. There is a listing of specific destinations which are handled by 3, everything else is 4.
Old Oct 12, 01, 12:28 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Terminal 3 is generally flights to SF Bay Area, Reno, and maybe Portland or Seattle. To HNL you'll definitely be out of Terminal 4.

[This message has been edited by Nanook (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old Oct 12, 01, 10:33 am

In the past ten days I've flown out of LAX on 1) the 11 pm flight to JFK and 2) the 11:45 am to ORD. On both occassions I was allowed through security with my printed itinerary and receipt (one from AA.com, the other from Sabre Virtually There through our corporate travel agent) and was able to check in at the Admirals Club.

On both trips there was no line at all for security screening. I simply walked up, had my ID and itinerary checked, and put my bags on the x-ray belt. This didn't really surprise me for the 11 pm flight, but shocked me for the 11:45 am flight.

Getting into LAX on the off-site parking shuttle was also not a problem. With no private vehicles allowed into the terminal area, the trip to T4 took only minutes, even with a couple of other stops for other passengers. This may change next week though if private vehicles are allowed back in.

My problem with this is the uncertainty. I'm not sure I can count on this for all trips. Thus I'm still forced to leave very early and spend my extra hours before the flight in the Admirals Club.
Old Oct 12, 01, 4:14 pm
askworldtraveler

2pm lax on Friday Oct 12 - First, if you have your ticket, and are not checking bags, you can check in at the AC. Also there is now curb side check in at AA which was very easy.

They have reduced the departure level traffic lanes to 2 + curbside (down from the ususal 4) reasons unknown, but it creates it's own style traffic jam.

Lines at the counter (especially those without gold/plat/exp ) were very long.

Security was what you would expect - but went very smooth and was normal for this time of day.

Don't come to terminal 4 hungry unless you like Chillis or Burgerking.

Old Oct 12, 01, 10:56 pm

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
I will be flying AA from LAX on Sunday at 9AM. Does anyone have any idea on how soon I should get there ?

I am thinking 2 hours before, but if I wouldn't mind the additional sleep if I can get there later.

I am Gold and will not be checking any luggage.

Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 01, 6:09 am

On a related note, I have a trip next week requiring me to transfer between terminals at LAX. Has anyone had to do this since 9/11, and how was the experience? I have about a 1 hour layover each way. I've done this connection many times and always walk between terminals with no problem. I'm concerned now with the increased security. It sure would be nice if they had an airside bus connection.
Old Oct 13, 01, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by askworldtraveler:
Don't come to terminal 4 hungry unless you like Chillis or Burgerking.</font>
Good tip!
Old Oct 13, 01, 9:16 pm

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
Ocean1971,

I just connected 10/11 SJC-LAX-ORD from T3 to T4 and I did it in 20 minutes, including a leisurely walk past the Bradley Terminal and through security. It was 0730 hrs and there was no line at T4 security whatsoever.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: