Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Account Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2001, 8:48 am
Original Poster

AAdvantage Account Question

Does AA update AAdvantage account summaries everyday or less frequently?
Old Oct 8, 2001, 9:08 am
Original Member

AA ssems to update the online summaries almost real-time (e.g. I called the Plat Helpdesk re a mileage issue and, immediately after getting off the phone, checked online and the miles had posted. However, please not that some items may take days or weeks to post e.g. miles/bonuses from trips may take a few days.

Hope this answers your question.
TCrazy
Old Oct 8, 2001, 9:24 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
i have noticed that postings can show up every day. i once thought that the deduction of electronic upgrades was real time but recent observations negate that. i do believe that adjustments made by aad customer service are real time..... edit to add.... there have been indications in the past that certain txs were posted on wed, & many on weekends.

[This message has been edited by clacko (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old Oct 8, 2001, 9:27 am
Original Poster

You guys are great. Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 8, 2001, 9:27 am

Location: "Did you ever see Dallas from an MD-80 at night?" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
In the past, it's been on a daily basis. However, I'm wondering about others' experience with TWA flights.

Flew AUS-STL-OKC last Thursday; OKC-STL-MSY Friday (both on TW metal), and then MSY-DFW-AUS yesterday on AA metal but as part of a TW ticket (with AA flight #s). None of the flights have posted yet (yes, my AAdvantage number was on all boarding passes).

AA.com (summary date 10/7) puts my last activity date at last Friday, but shows no flights.

Is this kind of delay normal for TW flights? Or can I just chalk it up to a long weekend?
Old Oct 8, 2001, 10:35 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
thur flt [10/4] on aa posted last nite.
Old Oct 8, 2001, 10:41 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
It seems as if subtracting miles is much easier than adding them. Booking an award ticket the miles disappear more or less immediately but if you cancel an award ticket and want the miles re-instated it can take weeks.

(Same with many credit cards, charges are instant, refunds can take weeks.)

Can't help wondering what kind of computers the airlines (and credit card companies) use that handle addition so much slower than subtraction...
Old Oct 8, 2001, 10:48 am

They do update the account info every day, although it does not mean that your flights or any other activities would post immediately.
Old Oct 8, 2001, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Hagbard Viking:
It seems as if subtracting miles is much easier than adding them. Booking an award ticket the miles disappear more or less immediately but if you cancel an award ticket and want the miles re-instated it can take weeks.

(Same with many credit cards, charges are instant, refunds can take weeks.)

Can't help wondering what kind of computers the airlines (and credit card companies) use that handle addition so much slower than subtraction...
</font>
Yup. When I upgrade, I notice that my sticker count has been lowered before my plane even lands, but the miles credit for that flight can take a day or three.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.