Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Avoiding $75 21 day booking fee- does booking far in advance and changing still work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avoiding $75 21 day booking fee- does booking far in advance and changing still work?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med

Hi all - I'm trying to book sfo-yyz on the 23 of july. Does the old trick of just booking a flight sometime in August and changing still work? To avoid the 75 fee?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
It does not.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
The loophole was closed a few years ago. The new rule is that they will charge the fee on the change if the new flight is within 21 days of the original ticketing date. Elites exempted.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:46 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Please follow the existing thread found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...le-closed.html

(A reminder to all our members: FT Guidelines and Rules do ask members to do a search for previous threads before starting a new topic. Using the "advanced search" option and searching on thread titles, both {"$75"} and {"21 days"} would have yielded the thread above. Many thanks for your understanding and cooperation. )

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.