Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International Flight Cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2001, 6:13 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
I have had an absolute nightmare fixing my trip to ARN in October. I was originally booked in J with a 10EE upgrade to A on the eastbound flight. First the AC at ORD rebooked through Zurich and then to ARN on SR. Class A was sold out, so she put me in F inventory. Then the Platinum line said she did it wrong, and a half hour later, said they fixed it, and honored my upgrade. Finally today, when I called to have it paper ticketed, I spent an unbelievable 1.5 HOURS!!!! on the phone while they fixed it yet again. Turns out, they could not apply my ticket price to the new route because SR was not honoring any cancelled AA flights. I had to pony up about $500 more bucks for the SR legs which pissed me off. Seems like AA should have accomodated me at their expense. I did maintain my upgrade which was booked in F inventory.

How the heck does AA expect us to get to Europe! I have really loved their service until recently. These cancellations are absolutely unacceptable!
Old Sep 27, 2001, 2:25 am

Location: Osaka Japan, AA1MM/Plt., JAL Diamond, Best Western Plt, SPG Gold.
Another reducing schedule...

DFW-KIX(Osaka, Kansai Int'l) is now daily flight, but it'll be reducing from this October. Four flights weekly.

AA157(DFW-KIX) Thurs. thru Sun.
AA158(KIX-DFW) Fri. thru Mon.

Confirmed at AA Japan reservation desk.

Another news... according to Japanese newspaper, new flights NRT-JFK planned from spring 2002 was postponed. (Prob'ly this planned schedule must not be approved by Japanese Gov't at this time.)
Old Sep 27, 2001, 5:55 am

Betty, you have mail

Paul
Old Sep 27, 2001, 7:24 am

delacpa,

I have checked with the EXP desk twice, and been assured that it is flight 78 from DFW-LGW that has been canceled, not flight 50.

I am scheduled to take flight 50 in Nov, and today the EXP desk said that AA78 was not operating then, but AA 50 was.

Let me know if you hear anything new from your end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.