Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gallo in first class?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2001, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Gallo in first class?

I haven't been on an plane in the last few weeks, but I keep hearing that cork screws have been banished.

What's your experience? Are they serving Gallo, using preopened bottle, or serving nothing up front?
Old Sep 22, 2001, 2:17 pm

We have the same wines as always. Cork screws are OK to have. Its the sad dull little foil knife connected to it, thats the problem. So go on and have a glass on me. I will be glad to have you on board and to serve it to you.

Thanks to you all for sticking with us!
mike
Old Sep 22, 2001, 2:37 pm

Corkscrews on my flight today SJC-DFW.

Cockpit door opened and closed as usual. Front bathroom open as usual.

Plastic knife and fork in F but that's the only difference I could see.
Old Sep 23, 2001, 3:10 pm

Location: Dallas, Texas USA; AA PLT, AA 1MM+; US Gold; Marriott PLT+
On ATL-DFW yesterday, the FA served F wine using coach screw-off top bottles. Also plastic ware was rolled in the linen.

Interestingly, the FA noted that the plastic knives seemed to be sharper than the silverware used previously.
Old Sep 24, 2001, 12:28 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I am a 1K on UA and a Plat on AA, but I wanted to share my experiences this weekend on a couple UA flights. On my 767 on Fri, they had a corkscrew bolted in the FC galley to open the bottles, so regular wine was served. On my 757 return on Sunday, only those little bottles of wine with screw caps in FC (no bolted corkscrew). On the 767, the forward-most lav was locked, and it was announced upon departure. I later saw an FA using it, and when I enquired (enquiring minds want to know!!), the captain requested that it not be used by the PAX. On the 757, it was operating as usual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.