Getting codeshare to show in My Trips

Old Jul 8, 2013, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Getting codeshare to show in My Trips

I could have sworn that once I went into "My Trips" on aa.com and viewed my flights. After that, the flight would show up in "My Trips"

However, it has since disappeared and I have to manually search for it each time.

The trip is a codeshare with Finnair - I have LAX-JFK/JFK-LAX flights on AA surrounding the JFK-HEL-JFK flights on Finnair.

Am I missing something here?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 6:09 am

Noticed something similar recently.

All AA flights booked on aa.com show OK, but flights on 1) OW partners booked with AA miles 2) AA booked with OW partners miles keep disappearing.

It is getting really annoying as I have up to 10 different AA/OW itineraries going on at any given moment.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I could have sworn that once I went into "My Trips" on aa.com and viewed my flights. After that, the flight would show up in "My Trips"

However, it has since disappeared and I have to manually search for it each time.

The trip is a codeshare with Finnair - I have LAX-JFK/JFK-LAX flights on AA surrounding the JFK-HEL-JFK flights on Finnair.

Am I missing something here?
Your experience with a CX flight was happening to me last couple weeks. It would not stay in my itineraries. It kept dropping.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Is this considered a "problem" by AA? Or just not relevant/important?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I just booked 4 awards with AA miles. Those with AA flights show under my trips. Those involving partners (Jet Airways and Japan Airlines) don't. I can search for the latter with locator (or name and flight details), but they never stick.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
same problem

I have an award AS & AB flight that does not show in my trips. I can find it using record locator but it does not remain. It would be good if there was the ability to "add a flight reservation" (which AS has). I did that on AS and it has so far stayed in "My trips purchased".
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:44 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by OskiBear
Is this considered a "problem" by AA? Or just not relevant/important?
Would seem to be the case, eh?

Cheers.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

So the weird thing is that I was once able to view it. Now, I can pull it up with the record locator but there's no flight info.

I called AA and they said that they can't do anything with it, it's all under Finnair's control. However, there are LAX-JFK/JFK-LAX legs on this trip and they can't do anything.

So frustrating
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
The rep had told me it has to have an aa segment as part of my flight.otherwise I have to enter the record locator manually.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:41 pm

I emailed AA web a few months ago and they confirmed that you have to have an AA segment for it to show up on the list. It took a couple of tries for them to understand the question as they seemed to be of the belief that it was always so. In fact, I never got them to say otherwise.

I can 100% confirm that up until about 6 months ago all of my partner flights booked (mainly FF tickets) via AA and/or AA.com would show and then one day they disappeared and a re-search was suddenly required. Not sure what the specific date was.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.