Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Need quick help regarding JFK terminal 8 to terminal 4 transit time

Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but since terminal 8 is AA so I figured its relevant.

Anyways, I'm 3 hours early at the gate because my girlfriend's flight got cancelled and she's switched to a flight 3 hours earlier than the original. Now she's gone and I have 3 hours till departure.

I forgot to bring my Amex Plat card so I cannot enter the Admiral Club. I did Bring my priority select card. I'm thinking about going to the lounge in terminal 4, take a shower and come back to terminal 8. Do I have enough time to do that? First time at JFK. Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Sure. AirTrain takes about 6 minutes between T8 and T4, in either direction. Just make sure that you board the "All Terminals" AirTrain when going from T8 to T4, or you'll be in for a very long ride.

From T4 back to T8, take the first AirTrain to arrive, regardless of posted destination or direction of travel.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Sure. AirTrain takes about 6 minutes between T8 and T4, in either direction. Just make sure that you board the "All Terminals" AirTrain when going from T8 to T4, or you'll be in for a very long ride.

From T4 back to T8, take the first AirTrain to arrive, regardless of posted destination or direction of travel.
How about security line? I heard terminal 4 takes forever

Nvm.. Apparently I need a boarding pass that departs from terminal 4 to get into terminal 4.

Last edited by JY1024; Jul 7, 2013 at 9:47 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

I can't comment on the length of security lines at T4 at this particular instant in time. But is the lounge you're hoping to access at T4 pre- or post-security? And if it's post-security, are you sure that the TSA will let you pass, since you are not departing on a flight that leaves from T4?

In any event, if you immediately head over to T4 and are turned away, you should have no trouble getting back to T8 in time.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold,DL SM.UA,HA
All of the lounges in T4 are now post-security.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
How will you access Terminal 4 airside without a boarding pass?

I'd try downloading a copy of my AMEX account page reflecting my AMEX Platinum or Centurion status and trying for one of the two Admirals Clubs, myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.