Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Routes / flights you wish AA flew Thread (2013 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Mine are simple and boring:

PHL-CLT
PHL-BOS

and once merger happens, AA will be flying them. I hope the new AA doesn't muck up AAdvantage so I don't want to fly them.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by kg07
Anywhere to DEL or BOM.... Sick of having to go through LHR on BA!
Too hard to make a buck on the route. ULHs require too much fuel for nonstops to be profitable and sixth freedom carriers will eat your lunch if you fly it as a connection. (True on both sides - Jet is having trouble making inroads into the US with their BRU hub due to heavy competition).

United and Air India are the only carriers left flying nonstop to India from the US or Canada. AI survives due to strong brand recognition and United has its strong Newark hub to provide O/D. Delta couldn't make JFK-BOM work and now operates JFK-AMS-BOM-- but in codeshare with KLM who do not themselves fly to BOM.

No reason for AA to fly their own metal to India since there's a JV with BA, Codeshare with EY and QR is coming into the alliance.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by MachOne
Be careful what you wish for, you'll miss the MD's when they do evaporate.
I don't know if it is my bad luck or just a sign from the powers that be, but out of the last 10 or so flights between FAT-DFW, the bird has been just thrashed in both F and Y. That is the main reason I long for something newer.

Don't get me wrong, the Mad Dog is a great aircraft... when maintained properly. I'd approximate that easily, 50% of my BIS over the years have been on a MD/Super-dee-dooper 80, so I have an affinity for it to a degree. If they subbed out the night-time incoming/morning departure for a 737, that would do wonders.

Also, another route I thought of: FWA-LGA (AE service). American could compete with DL after the merger for the FWA-CLT market. Or even FWA-DCA.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by oopsz
Too hard to make a buck on the route. ULHs require too much fuel for nonstops to be profitable and sixth freedom carriers will eat your lunch if you fly it as a connection. (True on both sides - Jet is having trouble making inroads into the US with their BRU hub due to heavy competition).

United and Air India are the only carriers left flying nonstop to India from the US or Canada. AI survives due to strong brand recognition and United has its strong Newark hub to provide O/D. Delta couldn't make JFK-BOM work and now operates JFK-AMS-BOM-- but in codeshare with KLM who do not themselves fly to BOM.

No reason for AA to fly their own metal to India since there's a JV with BA, Codeshare with EY and QR is coming into the alliance.
Do the 787s not make that possible? At least QR will offer an alternative soon.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Open skies issues in HKG understood however that does not detract from the attraction of DFW-HKG flights on AA metal. And if ORD-HKG can justify expansion, AA should consider the option.

LAX-TPE as the current codeshare airline heads for another alliance.
AUS-MIA seems strange in its current omission.
As LATAM expands LAX//DFW-BOG begins to look more interesting

And I would probably like and accept AA code sharing MH on LAX-KUL and CX/MH flights into other SEAsia and Indian sub-continent destinations.

A couple of out of left field suggestions

DFW-LAX-AKL
MIA-REC-JNB would drastically reduce fuel cost. Get TAM to want to provide connecting Brazil flights and codeshare and do the political necessary to permit passenger TATL exBrazil. Using GIG would add 450 miles.

Happy wandering

Fred
+1 on that LAX-BOG. No option out of Bogota to the West Coast right.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jtav559
Also, another route I thought of: FWA-LGA (AE service). American could compete with DL after the merger for the FWA-CLT market. Or even FWA-DCA.
FWA-LGA will never happen, as the route features 12 PDEW. Nor will FWA-DCA, with just 10 PDEW. FWA will be lucky to see CLT or perhaps PHL.

New AA should fly IND-LGA to compete with DL which flies it six times daily. IND-LGA features 260 PDEW and is well-suited to 2-class RJs. US already flies IND-DCA.

Old US pulled out of SBN a few years back as did Eagle. Plenty of Notre Dame traffic now flies UA or DL. Wonder if new AA will return?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles, Asiana Club
I second DFW-BUF!

LAX-ICN, JFK-ICN would also be great.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by FWAAA
FWA-LGA will never happen, as the route features 12 PDEW. Nor will FWA-DCA, with just 10 PDEW. FWA will be lucky to see CLT or perhaps PHL.

New AA should fly IND-LGA to compete with DL which flies it six times daily. IND-LGA features 260 PDEW and is well-suited to 2-class RJs. US already flies IND-DCA.

Old US pulled out of SBN a few years back as did Eagle. Plenty of Notre Dame traffic now flies UA or DL. Wonder if new AA will return?
Doesn't hurt a well man to want

Interesting stats on those routes! Agree with the IND-LGA route!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP
Bos-yyz
bos-mco
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
JFK-POA
JFK-MUC
JFK/LGA-FLL (I think they do this now but it's seasonal, only around March)

Also... I remember a few months ago AA sent an e-mail out about MIA-POA directly towards the end of this year. Whatever happened to that? Are they waiting until the last possible minute to schedule these flights?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:36 am

ORD-GFK would be awesome! 2X a day on Eagle would work and could grow to 3.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott Plt, UA Gold, IHG Plt, National Exe
SJU-SXM (would settle for both AE or codeshare)
SJU-SDQ (would settle for both AE or codeshare)
GRU-ORD
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
I wish they flew into MHT, and hopefully with the new AAmerican, that will actually occur. I'd love DFW-MHT, would never happen though. PHL-MHT, ORD-MHT, DCA-MHT would all work fine.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:06 pm

I wouldn't mind a MIA-AMS, or JFK-AMS.
Not very likely, though, with PHL-AMS coming in with the merger.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Doubt it would ever happen, but a DFW-PWM service would be nice. I would hope that ORD-PWM will happen to compete with UA on the route.

I would like to see the following @ MCI:

MCI-LGA
MCI-LAX
MCI-JFK
MCI-MIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.