Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Routes / flights you wish AA flew Thread (2013 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:54 am
KPT

Programs: JAL Sapphire
Originally Posted by jazzhou
Please bring back JFK-NRT-JFK! The timing of JFK-HND-JFK lacks beyond connectivity from/to HND. It would also be good to see TPE back on the AA route system from any AA hub on AA metal.
If JFK-NRT was brought back, that would be a major PITA for people whose final destination is Yokohama/Tokyo (esp. south and west). The last thing I'd like to see is AA give up that HND spot because HND spots are, at least from what I've read here, very hard to come by.

At least you have the option with OW to fly to NRT with JL, while no such option exists for JFK-HND with *A.

Last edited by KPT; Jul 5, 2013 at 8:32 am Reason: Grammar fail :p
Old Jul 5, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: AA Exp 1.3mm, HH Dia, SPG Gld, IHG Plt
If AA is going to stick with the Cornerstone strategy of 5 hubs, I think they need to connect more mid market cities to ALL 5 hubs, even it is with RJs.

Take my home city OKC.

AA flies NS to DFW, ORD, LAX
DL flies NS to ATL, DTW, MEM, MSP, SLC
UA flies NS to IAH, DEN, LAX, SFO, ORD, EWR, CLE, IAD

I like the fact that AA flies a lot of mainline MD80s to DFW, but I would prefer adding OKC-JFK/LGA and OKC-MIA with at least 1 RJ a day. That would help AA compete with UA/DL with more NS service and by eliminating a connection for travel to Europe, the Caribbean and SA.

So my vote: OKC-JFK/LGA and OKC-MIA.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum
US already flies CLT-SJD, a SJD-MIA flight would make latin american destinations alot easier.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rayhurst
If AA is going to stick with the Cornerstone strategy of 5 hubs, I think they need to connect more mid market cities to ALL 5 hubs, even it is with RJs.

Take my home city OKC.

I like the fact that AA flies a lot of mainline MD80s to DFW, but I would prefer adding OKC-JFK/LGA and OKC-MIA with at least 1 RJ a day. That would help AA compete with UA/DL with more NS service and by eliminating a connection for travel to Europe, the Caribbean and SA.

So my vote: OKC-JFK/LGA and OKC-MIA.
WN flies a lot out of OKC. Wonder if that has a dampening effect on the legacies there?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rayhurst
Take my home city OKC.

OKC is a very competitive market and today's schedule presents excellent fodder for discussions in the economics of geography of physical networks.

UA - 16 departures today, but only 4 on jets >50 seats, and only 1 mainline

WN - 19 departures, all mainline (of course)

DL - 11 departures, 8> 50 seats, 2 mainline

AA - 13 departures, 10 >50 seats, 5 mainline

OKC's UA flyers should enjoy the CRJ/ERJ flights to big cities like Houston, Chicago, and Denver, because on a seat-mile cost basis UA is getting its lunch eaten.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
ORD- VCE

I wonder if PHL-VCE will get the ax eventually (post-pending merger)? My wish would be ORD-VCE, I would take JFK-VCE.

ORD-AMS would be nice too!

My pipe dream is ORD-BUR.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
I'd like to see one of JFK/ORD/DFW to YEG.

Air Canada has pulled out of the YEG-USA direct market, leaving WestJet and American carriers to fill the void. It seems that United is doing really well out of YEG, as is WestJet (codeshares with AA). Both carriers offer numerous daily mainline flights out of YEG to the states, serving EWR, IAH, DEN, LAX, PHX, LAS, and othes. Also, US Airways is flying up to 2 daily A320s to PHX, along with express flights to MSP on Delta and SEA on Horizon.

I think if WestJet and AA worked out good connections on both sides, there would be real potential. YEG is saturated with *A to the states, and it would be interesting to see some Oneworld action here...something non existent since the days of Canadian Airlines!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Soon enough you will have xxx-CLT-DAB.
FRA - CLT - DAB or similar within OW would do just fine, thank you. Just wondering if AA hubs wouldn't be prioritized regarding flights bound for minor Florida destinations?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I really wish they would bring back at least one BOS-LHR flight on AA metal to avoid the absurd fuel surcharges on awards using the now BA only nonstop flights. There isn't even a seasonal AA flight to London but there's a seasonal AA flight to CDG.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM, DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CHM, National VIP
Dfw-boi
dfw-pwm
ord-pwm
Old Jul 6, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Ririku
I wish AA had ORD-ALB.
I forgot to put that one on my list. AA service back to ALB would be great. All of the other AA stations are > 2 hours from the greatness of Saratoga Springs!
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
I also miss RSW-MIA. They're probably too close to make it work, though.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by HighPotter
LAX-BZE
AA doesnt know what they are missing, and let DL slip in.

HP
AA knows what it's missing. A tiny local market with weak yield that has nearly shrunk in half over the past decade.

Originally Posted by Bachovas
LAX-MCI with a 738 would be a guaranteed +85%. Southwest flies (I believe) 3 non-stops daily.

MIA-MCI I find very unlikely but may be a hit with passengers connecting to South America (lots of college kids + tourists to LIM/GRU/EZE)

CCS-LAX 3-4x week would be a massive hit. 100% sure. May even be able to do a LAX-MEX-CCS if concerned. (Are you aware of the gold mine AA has in CCS?) CCS-ORD, however, may struggle.

Currently it's CCS-DFW x1 week, CCS-JFK x5 week CCS-SJU x7 week and CCS-MIAx 30+ week.
MIAMCI is extremely likely, as is LAXMCI. Look for both to happen.

AA is not allowed to add any new service or frequency to Venezuela, and LAXCCS is a small market with little demand. It would be a massive failure. But, yes, AA has a gold mine in Venezuela.

Further AA is not allowed to fly LAXMEX, and U.S. airlines don't have beyond traffic rights from Mexico.

Originally Posted by BankofGreed
HPN - MIA
Good ERJ-170 route.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
I'll believe it when I see it. The route was announced many months ago (for fall service launch) but has never been loaded. DMN may just be rehashing old news?
AA to start DFW-BOG direct service Nov. 21st^ Nice to finally have an option of a non stop, but how did they select those flight times?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA: EXP/5.2mm
Originally Posted by bennytma
I really wish they would bring back at least one BOS-LHR flight on AA metal to avoid the absurd fuel surcharges on awards using the now BA only nonstop flights. There isn't even a seasonal AA flight to London but there's a seasonal AA flight to CDG.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.