Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

NY to Detroit - Food in First Class? [and answer - to be merged]

NY to Detroit - Food in First Class? [and answer - to be merged]

Old Jul 2, 13, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by qazw1
Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
Q: What flights are eligible for entrée reservations?
A: You may reserve your First or Business Class entrées on all filghts where meal service is offered. First and Business class entrée selection is only offered on American Airlines marketed and operated flights.

From here: http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/FAQs/...ations_FAQ.jsp
That is not my question. I am asking about the OP's personal experience on this flight.
So you want to know whether the OP could have reserved a First Class entrée even though her flight was not operated by American Airlines?
Old Jul 2, 13, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by qazw1 View Post
That is not my question. I am asking about the OP's personal experience on this flight.
Food service is offered only on AA marketed and operated flights, so not sure why the OP's experience would be different from this.

My personal experience is that you cannot reserve on AEagle in advance (DEN to LAX). I also just made a sample booking between LGA and DTW and did not see the choice.
Old Jul 2, 13, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
I'm shocked AA started flying something bigger than the normal single class ERJ's they fly on this route. When did they do the CRJ7 add?
The CR7 is usually only once a day--the 10:25 departure from LGA and the 1pm or early afternoon departure from DTW.

Glad to see the prices have come down somewhat on this route but still pricey for a short flight.
Old Jul 4, 13, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
Food service is offered only on AA marketed and operated flights, so not sure why the OP's experience would be different from this.

My personal experience is that you cannot reserve on AEagle in advance (DEN to LAX). I also just made a sample booking between LGA and DTW and did not see the choice.
Thanks. I have never seen meals offered on American Eagle so was curious if meal options show up on AA when it is offered.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: