Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% off to Brazil (possibly targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2013, 6:20 am
Original Poster

20% off to Brazil (possibly targeted)

I received an email yesterday giving me 20 percent off either a one way or roundtrip flight to Brazil, non-codeshare. May want to check your email. Granted, who wants to go to Brazil right now anyway...MR opportunity without leaving the airport? Here are the terms:

*Schedules subject to change.

**Terms and Conditions for Promotion Code:
When used according to its terms, the promotional code entitles the user to a 20% discount on a published one‑way or a round‑trip fare. Discount is valid for travel from the contiguous United States (US48) to Rio de Janeiro, Manaus or Salvador, excluding codeshare flights, when purchased on aa.com by 7/05/2013, for travel between 8/07/2013, and 9/30/2013. The promotion code requires instant purchase and may not be applied to previous reservations or reservations placed on hold. The discount will not be applied to any government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges. Only one promotion code may be used per reservation, for up to two people in the reservation. Round‑trip travel is defined as travel from your city to the destination, and from the same destination back to the city where you originated travel with no deviations.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I got the email which would have brought the fare down to $1524 from MIA to GIG. Not a great fare even with the code. Still, can't make it to Rio this summer.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
I received the same. Unfortunately it would come in handy if it were thru mid-November and included GRU as I have a conference to attend. Perhaps targeted to pax who visited Brazil in the past year?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Of course, as these things go, GRU and thus the 77W is not an option
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by george 3
Perhaps targeted to pax who visited Brazil in the past year?
I thought so as well, as I received the email yesterday, and went to Brazil last month. However, in some discussion in another thread in another forum concerning this coupon, another poster reported receiving it and has neither been to Brazil nor had a paid AA ticket to anywhere within the last 12+ months.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
I got the mail

I am normally not targeted much, as an EXP out of DFW. I have never been to Brazil but am hoping for a fare sale to try out the 77W (I know, wishful thinking).
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Received one too, and I've never been. Haven't checked fares, ex-DCA/IAD or JFK.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
I went to Rio on AA this February but did not receive the code.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ChurchofTee
I am normally not targeted much, as an EXP out of DFW. I have never been to Brazil but am hoping for a fare sale to try out the 77W (I know, wishful thinking).
Sao Paulo (GRU) is not part of this promo, so no luck there.. If you want the 77W experience, I'd recommend looking for all the LHR options, since as a destination, it has the most flights (ex-DFW, JFK and LAX)
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: None since COVID - yet!
Received the discount code. Not been to Brazil on AA ever - but have been holding flights on and off for the past couple of weeks. Can't use this though as I'm doing CDG-JFK-GIG-JFK-LHR. Can't really complain when that only totals $880 anyway, including stop in JFK both ways!
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Received it too (20% off) and received a similar targeted offer late last summer ($150 off any R/T to South America) which tied in very nicely with the cheap MIA-MAO fares and the bonus miles promotions on that new route.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Received it and went to gig last month

For those who haven't been, did they at least search for it on the website?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
I received it also, we went to GIG a couple weeks ago...tempted to go again now if prices are right
Old Jun 23, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
I travelled on AA to GIG last year; haven't received an email with the promo code.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
Went to GIG about 3 weeks ago and just received the email. Must book by 7/5 and all the fare prices are really high right now (imo).

Cheapest I could get with this code is +$700 out of MCO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.