Can you put address labels on Kellogs certs?

Old Aug 15, 2001, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Can you put address labels on Kellogs certs?

I don't know if this has been answered before or not, but to save on writing, can you put address labels on Kellogs certificates?

Thanks,
Shawn
Old Aug 15, 2001, 11:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Yes. I've done it on many of the certificates. I also only put my phone # on perhaps 2 of each 5.
Old Aug 15, 2001, 11:13 pm

Yes, it's OK. Make sure you follow the format of the cert; that is, the AAdvantage number goes on the first line of the address label--AADVANTAGE No. L123456 for example.
Old Aug 16, 2001, 9:32 am

What I have done is write in my aadvantage number, stuck those free address labels you get if you donate money to some cause and wrote in my phone number. All my miles have posted with this method.
Old Aug 16, 2001, 9:52 am

I printed my own labels-the peel off kind that come 10 to a sheet-and trimmed them to fit the coupons. Works for me!
Old Aug 16, 2001, 3:11 pm

Make sure that your name on the address label matches 100%. When I talked to the cust. service people at Kellogg's about slow postings, they advised also putting on a small piece of tape to hold the label. Evidently they have floors covered with certs with no names.
<p>
If the person put on his/her FF #, one would assume that a match could be made. Whether they do it or not is another subject. I asked about not listing my telephone # as it is unlisted. Didn't get a straight answer.
<p>
They also told me to be sure to use rubber bands on 2 ways each set of 5 certs as they cut the envelopes open by machine.
<p>
At this point I was getting an incredible mental picture of certs flying all over Battle Creek and lost FF miles.
<p>
We have had all sorts of advice about how many we can send in at one time.
<p>
How big is Battle Creek anyway? I have this image of every man, woman and child sorting out certs. Troops of Boy Scouts, etc. No evidence to support any of that, however.
<p>
I can't bear eating another Eggo. Please!
Old Aug 16, 2001, 3:28 pm

PS to the above post.
<p>
The Cust. service rep didn't admit that they had many certs with bad writing that were doomed never to be credited to anyone's account. Many written in pencil (on that gray cardboard!)
<p>
Obviously it is worth the extra time to be tidy.
<p>

Old Aug 16, 2001, 4:30 pm

I've used a rubber stamp with my name and address. It doesn't quite fit in the lines, but with a blue ink pad, it shows up just fine.

I've written in my FF# and phone numbers (even though they don't give you much room to write the phone numbers). If I hit the mother lode of Nutri-Grains at the dollar store, I might invest in a rubber stamp with all of the information, but doing five at a time this method works pretty well.

I've had no problems with everything posting.
Old Aug 17, 2001, 6:25 am

A bit of advice from someone that works at a processing center (we are NOT doing the Kelloggs certificates thank you very much!).
If you're using lables, tape them on, that is right tape them on as they do come off. If you going to write, PRINT CLEARLY. Remember that not everyone can read your writing. Fill in all blocks as they may be used for cross referance if something don't match. Using the logic we use with our clients, I can see why you have to fill in that information. If you just happen to mix up your FF #, they can use your name, address or phone number to find the proper account to credit. If they can't guess what, the stuff sits in a corner basket and then.... you get the picture. (We don't discard things just return them to the client unprocess, what they do??)
TAKE THE TIME TO FILL OUT THE INFORMATION AND YOU'LL SAVE YOURSELF HOURS OF WONDERING IF YOUR GOING TO GET THE MILES...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.