Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TRIPLE MILES!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2001, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

TRIPLE MILES!!!!

Looking at the AOL/AAdvantage web site this morning I notice that now serveral TRIPLE MILES offer.
Hertz is giving triple miles if you rent a midsize or larger. You can make the reservatino via web page or print out page with codes and make via phone (I did this). Good thru Aug 31.
Another is National, has to be 3 day rental with friday/saturday as part of the 3 day rental and you get last day free. Ends later this year.
Another is Cooking.com. Found a $2.99 Cookie Stamp in the clearance area. The shipping was $4.75 but was a cheap 20/20 partner. Word of WARNING about this web site. When you connect to their web page via AOL/AAdavantage, you get a notice that you MUST USE THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS WITH WHICH YOU REGISTERED FOR AOL ADDVANTAGE PROGRAM. Now, there was a problem, don't have that internet provider anymore. I called Cooking.com (and talked to a most polite person but a bit confused over the miles thing - call AOL!). Looking at the help page on AOL/AAdvantage said to call AACS. Got them but asked for CS at AAdvantage desk (most important thing to do sometimes), and after a few call back to Cooking.com and AAdvantage CS, the best solution was to print out the order page and then the confirmation page with order number. This has been the first partner to ask for email account and not your FF #. Even if I had the same provider, the agent at Cooking.com was not sure how they would credit all four of us at this home, we all would have had the same email account (doing kids 20/20 also).

Needless to say, I always print out the order page and cofirmation page (even with office max). AAdvantage CS said if miles don't show up after 6 WEEKS, to send copies to them and they would credit them.
Old Aug 6, 2001, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AmericanFtWorthTX:
AAdvantage CS said if miles don't show up after 6 WEEKS, to send copies to them and they would credit them.</font>
Will they post the miles under the merchant's "title" (so they count separately towards 20/20) or as a general "customer service bonus"? And will they post in time to count? Big difference at the moment...
Old Aug 6, 2001, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

I was told that they would post as from Cooking.com but to make sure I had printouts from the web page. I printed the review your order page and then the last page showing my confirmation number. Plus now I just got an email from Cooking.com.

On my previous bonus offers, they posted as the regular miles for the parnter and then a seperate line with the double miles.

Hope it works...

[This message has been edited by AmericanFtWorthTX (edited 08-06-2001).]
Old Aug 6, 2001, 2:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
Well, hmmm, I ordered from cooking.com 7/29/01, very shortly after I read that they were a new AOLAAdvantage partner. I didn't get that message about the email address having to be the same as that which signed up under AOLAAdvantage -- which just figures, of course it wasn't... So this looks to have the potential of another 'posting miles' ordeal

Thanks for the info!
Old Aug 6, 2001, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Hope it doesn't become the Office Max lack of posting thing for you SharonLPX...but this wasn't the main idea behind this TOPIC (Seen enough about Office Max already!). The web page may have been just update since some human may have forgoten to put that on the web page...

There is also some more changes to some of the other partners:
Carpart 3 miles to $1
Alamo triple miles 4 days min with 1 day free
Orvis 4 miles to $1
Petsmart 3 miles to $1
Sharperimage 4 miles to $1

Also Ebags has second item at have price.
Old Aug 16, 2001, 10:11 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
My husband's $10 order from cooking.com posted today on his AA account: "Cooking.com Exclusive Offer" -- then 30 miles under the Bonus column...
Old Aug 16, 2001, 2:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AmericanFtWorthTX:
This has been the first partner to ask for email account and not your FF #. </font>
I must admit I'm a bit concerned now. I'm finally (about time) on the shopping for partners bandwagon and none of the partners have asked for my FF# - I am entering through the AOLAAdvantage page.

HELP! Am I missing out on all my partners? Please let me know...

Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2001, 6:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cohent:
I must admit I'm a bit concerned now. I'm finally (about time) on the shopping for partners bandwagon and none of the partners have asked for my FF# - I am entering through the AOLAAdvantage page.

HELP! Am I missing out on all my partners? Please let me know...

Thanks!
</font>
When you engter thru AAaol...the site should ask you for your AAdv number and after you entered that...you will be using their link to enter the site that you desired....and you should be able to get the mileage credit.

Old Aug 17, 2001, 1:31 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
have ordered thru "aolaadvantage.com" it has worked, now have 21 posted & 1 "car parts" not received or posted. wife is waiting for speigel to post & waiting & waiting & waiting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.