Breakfast as Main Meal in Business Class LHR-ORD

Old Aug 5, 01, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Breakfast as Main Meal in Business Class LHR-ORD

As a corollary to my previous posts, what is the breakfast service like in business class when it is the main meal on a Europe to USA flight?

Also, what isthe second meal service (snack) like?

I can't find any trip reports for AA breakfast flights from Europe to the USA.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by PresRDC (edited 08-05-2001).]
Old Aug 5, 01, 10:11 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Hey there. Just got back from AA 99 last Friday. Morning meal service was quite good. You had a choice of some lemon crepe type things with ricotta cheese, another pretty good gourmet desert, and a lunch type meal, which was rosemary chicken with penne pasta. Even though it was 8AM, most people had the chicken! They also have fruit, cereal, warm breads, and yoghurt.

The second meal, is the same as the other westbound flights. Usually two nice hot meals (better than domestic F), and one cold plate, like tea sandwiches.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 6, 01, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Thanks for the info gwade.

Overall, ddi you like the service on AA 99?

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 01, 10:08 am

If it is anything like the filth that they serve on the early flights eastbound from BOS and JFK to LHR, the catering is nothing more than a cheek.

As I recall the best offering was a crab cake which was quickly snapped up, the other was hot pancakes with what looked like axle grease which Aunt Jemima would have turned in her grave to see. This was served with various horrible sweet things. It is a riot of sugar and is a disgrace. They do it as it is cheap. My opinion only.

Search this Thread