Reminder: US/AA Combination Award ending soon

Old Aug 1, 01, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Reminder: US/AA Combination Award ending soon

Sorry for the cross-post, but I'm sure some AA folks don't read the US Forum.

Just a simple reminder that the deadline for ticketing a combined AAdvantage and Dividend Miles Award Ticket is on August 23rd. The award travel has to be before 6/30/02.

You need to use at least 1,000 miles from each account.

http://www.usairways.com/dividendmil...mericanair.htm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum51/HTML/001385.html
Old Aug 1, 01, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA, HH
Thanks for the reminder!
Old Aug 1, 01, 8:56 pm

AA told me if you combine USAir miles for an AA award, it will be good for a year. They also said I could get a travel certificate rather than booking a flight.
Anyone else heard that?
Old Aug 2, 01, 2:43 am

FlowerChild- yes I was told the same thing today by AA on the phone. And after she told me that, she said "you know what? let me check with my supervisor just to make sure" and came back and said "yes" that is correct.
The confusion I am having is how to claim the certificate by combining miles. I was told if I do it via phone there is a $50 charge so I should use the tear-off on my statement. But on the tear-off there is no way to make clear to AA that you want to *combine* miles from US for the AAward. I read and re-read the info online and still am not clear. I must be missing the obvious.
Old Aug 3, 01, 7:18 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
I would like to zero out my dividend miles account through a combined award with american. Although I have an idea of the particular award, I still am unsure of any dates. Am I correct in believing that I can have a certificate for a particular award (ie business class to south america) without committing to any specific dates, then when am i ready, i make reservations and submit the certificate?
thanks

Search this Thread