FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA 905 dfw to mia- 2 or 3 class class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/147433-aa-905-dfw-mia-2-3-class-class.html)

eireman Jul 31, 2001 7:20 pm

AA 905 dfw to mia- 2 or 3 class class

Am booked on #905 dfw to mia on August 7-

I have tried to view the seat maps for this flight.

It is a 763- Is this an Internation 763 where we can get biz class seats for price of coach.Is this a 3 class plane being sold as 2 classes?

I am in 20J. Any help would be great

JPH Jul 31, 2001 7:56 pm

Hi,

I think it is 2-class although the same flight number 905 continues to GIG (international). There is a plane change in MIA. To me this has always been very odd, why do you have the same flight number but you have to change planes? Same applies to e.g. AA 100 DFW-JFK-LHR. Any logical explanations, has this something to do with rights for routes the airline has?

BR, JPH

AAExecPlatFlier Jul 31, 2001 8:01 pm

Didn't this through flight but it is a change of aircraft start years ago when the "priority" of flights listed in the GDSs went by non-stops, then through flights and then connections?

I thought it was strange then and I think it is strange now.

When I go to Madrid on AA 68, I NEVER book the through flight. You get more miles by "breaking" the flights in Miami.

[This message has been edited by AAExecPlatFlier (edited 07-31-2001).]

EXPLAT Jul 31, 2001 8:13 pm

It is probably a three class plane sold as a two class plane for the domestic segment. They do that quite often into Miami. I used to like to take the 777 to Miami as some of their flights were two class in a three class plane which meant you got the sleeper seats.

Last time I did that though they used the Pacific instead of the European plane so the seats reclined into beds but were not the barcalounger swivel seat that is really cool! Alfred--

Scooterino Aug 1, 2001 11:20 am

I flew DFW-MIA in January and it was a 2 class plane.

JS Aug 1, 2001 2:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AAExecPlatFlier:
Didn't this through flight but it is a change of aircraft start years ago when the "priority" of flights listed in the GDSs went by non-stops, then through flights and then connections?

I thought it was strange then and I think it is strange now.

When I go to Madrid on AA 68, I NEVER book the through flight. You get more miles by "breaking" the flights in Miami.

[This message has been edited by AAExecPlatFlier (edited 07-31-2001).]
</font>
Correct. It is nothing but a marketing ploy. A "real" direct flight stops in a non-hub airport, such as DL's DFW-JAN-BHM-ATL flight (actually, it's COS-DFW-JAN-BHM-ATL, so the DFW stop is the marketing ploy, JAN is a real stop for DFW to BHM passengers, and BHM is a real stop for JAN to ATL passengers).