Wiki Posts
Search

AA to pull out of Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2001, 2:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

AA to pull out of Rome

called AA to see the ability for a couple of seats for early Dec(family function)was told there was none since AA will no longer be flying into Rome come Nov. Had it been a vacation would have changed my dates but no can do for this. seems that the revenues are just not there and they dont see it changing while Alitalia is subsidized by the govt.
it wasnt too long ago that TW pulled out wonder if that was the cause once Im sure AA is told the reasons why TW did or did not do something at all its former cities that it still flew to or has rights to.

Old Jul 31, 2001, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EP
At least from DFW, they are charging SO much for a trip to FCO. Maybe if they were more competitive they would have made it!

But I am sure they can use the aircraft somewhere else -- like south america...
Old Aug 1, 2001, 2:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AAExecPlatFlier:
At least from DFW, they are charging SO much for a trip to FCO. Maybe if they were more competitive they would have made it!

But I am sure they can use the aircraft somewhere else -- like south america...
</font>
Ah yes, but I guarantee that the fare from FCO -DFW was a fraction of that. I was quoted £1400 J class to LAX from FCO. I was also told that BA match it and will if booked through certain major travel agencies automatically upgrade to F. This is one of Europe's best deals. If crummy Alitalia were not a govt owned airline it would have gone belly up ages ago. The italian market (and i gather the greek) have incredible deals.
Old Aug 1, 2001, 7:50 am

I'm rather sad that service to Rome is going to be discontinued.

I flew to LGA - ORD - FCO last March for a fare that was RIDICULOUSLY cheap. I was delayed out of LGA so I missed my connecting flight to FCO and was re-routed to LHR and then to Rome on Alitalia.

Even the Platinum Service Center agent was surprised (first at the fact that I was not remotely upset at missing my flight to Rome) and at the low fare I had received.

I was bumped up to Business to LHR and on my return FCO - ORD was bumped up to business because coach was so full (the lines were obscene at FCO).

Overall I had a blast in Rome, had a blast getting there, had a blast coming back, and have an all around great set of memories...which is of course, why I travel.

In fact, I was looking forward to doing it again in March....Maybe I'll have to do it in September instead.

Flake

------------------
Travel light, travel cheap, travel often

(Edited for legibility)

[This message has been edited by flake (edited 08-01-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.