2,385 Nutri Gain Twists To Go!

Old Jun 28, 2001, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Well, today's my third day to a different Costco, convinced my boyfriend to come help with his older Accord cpe. We took all they have, which is only 189 cases. We're both tired from stay up late last night cutting the certs and today was a workout as we were moving cases out of the car, up some stairs, drop the cases, down the stairs, and back and forth, with just the two of us. Tomorrow I'll hit another Costco and this time I'll get the food bank to help!

I did find 2 extra certs out of the forty boxes I was able to dissemble tonight...

------------------
WooHoo!
Old Jun 28, 2001, 8:53 am

So. do you think we could donate Twists to AA to add to the snacks in coach?
Old Jun 28, 2001, 8:56 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by mapsmith:
So. do you think we could donate Twists to AA to add to the snacks in coach?</font>
Yes, but some of us passengers are sick of them

------------------
Middle_Seat
Old Jun 28, 2001, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

1,605 cases to go!

Today is such a long day...

Woke up, went to Home Depot first, two people I asked have no idea what a tile cutter/scissor is, I found a heavy duty scissor for $14. Grabbed one, drove to my boss's house to borrow her truck.

Drove 80 miles to a Costco in another county, where there're plenty of Twists. By the time I got there it was noon already, so I got some chicken stuff at BK and ate fast. Went in to Costco, talked to a friendly floor manager who had someone help me load some 200+ cases onto my truck. By the time we're done it was already past 1pm.

Drove 5 miles to the nearest food bank. As I didn't give extra time to arrange this, they only had one person helping me. Got there at 1:30pm. I took the boxes out, opened them, and the other guy emptied the bars out, and flatten the boxes for me to take home. By the time we got through 218 cases it was 4:30pm already, my fingers red and sore, I'm beginning to wonder if this is too much work. But since I was all the way there, might as well stock up some more.

Went back to Costco, the manager had the same guy helping me, who was probably wondering what bad luck he had to help me load another 300 cases. Well, this time it got easier as five guys helped out and we were able to load up the truck much faster. The truck can hold about 150 cases more, but at 2lbs a case, it's heavy enough. Besides, I don't know how I was to unload all the cases without five guys helping!

Left Costco at 5pm, traffic of course, so took 2 hrs to get home when should be just one. Ate dinner, try to fast unload with boyfriend as needed to return the truck to my boss. Took an hour to fill up more of the living room.

I'm a third to 1MM....worth it? I don't even think there are enough twists out there for me.

That'd be odd, considering I've only joined AA two months ago.

I think I'm twisted

I'm beat. Four days of Costco finally took a toll on me..

------------------
WooHoo!
Old Jun 29, 2001, 1:00 am

Flying Hammy:

Great post. Thanks for the proof to my wife that I'm not the only one out there that's lost it over the Kelloggs promo. First one to 1mm from Kelloggs wins!

Cheers
Old Jun 29, 2001, 1:43 am
Suspended

If i have 30,000 Kellogs miles, would I get gold AA ?
Old Jun 29, 2001, 6:39 am

FlyingHammy,

Next time try the Chicken Bake at Costco takeout. Sliced chicken, jack cheese, bacon bits and Caesar dressing in a flour wrap covered with crunchy cheddar. A cholesterol carousel at $2.49.

Or you can have the frozen yogurt parfait, which burns off faster after cutting through two pallets of Kelloggs products!

I wonder what they got at Sam's Club?

--stuck at 1K from Kelloggs, still wishing Costco had those brownie rounds :[
Old Jun 29, 2001, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Lunalilo:
FlyingHammy,

Next time try the Chicken Bake at Costco takeout. Sliced chicken, jack cheese, bacon bits and Caesar dressing in a flour wrap covered with crunchy cheddar.
</font>
Ooh I did two days in a row! I loved them!

"Chicken go in, pie come out"
"What kinda pie is it?"
"APPLE PIE"
"Ooh, My FAVORITE!"

------------------
WooHoo!
Old Jun 29, 2001, 2:55 pm

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by jag0052:

If i have 30,000 Kellogs miles, would I get gold AA ?
</font>
No, the Kellogg's miles do not count towards annual elite levels. However, if you accumulate 1 million miles via Kellogg's (and all other sources), you will earn lifetime gold status.

Old Jun 30, 2001, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Regarding the tax deduction question, someone on another thread (I think back in February when the "free" Kellogg's boxes were there to be had) said that since the cereal costs as much as it costs whether or not the mileage certificates are on it, then you can deduct the cost of the cereal you donated to the food bank. For example, a box of Nutri-Grains costs $2.50 as of today.
If I get a Nutri-Grain box without the certificate, it costs the same as a Nutri-Grain box with the certificate.
I'll try to find the thread where someone's tax guy told him this "rule".

Edited to add thread re: tax deduction:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/004149.html

[This message has been edited by Nanook (edited 06-30-2001).]
Old Jun 30, 2001, 2:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
I just went to Costco and purchased a membership. To my surprise, the Eggo cartons, at this particular store, no longer have the Airplane/AA miles.

I didn't have time to shop today anyway nor did I look for the Nutrigrain Twists. How much are the Twists at Costco? Do they come in big cartons as with the Eggos? Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2001, 5:29 pm

Try a utility knife, not a "tile knife". They are in the tool department at Home Depot. They run just a few dollars. You can adjust the blade so you only cut deep enough to get the cardboard and not damage the contents. That said, I have not purchased any product in MONTHS.
Old Jul 7, 2001, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
I have found Wal-Mart to be cheaper than Costco for Nutri-Grain. 100 Mile boxes of NG or Pop-Tarts are under $2.
Old Jul 8, 2001, 11:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Ok, FlyingHammy, how many more do you have to go now? We want a report.

For me, the sale is over and we had a party this week so I was busy with other things. Just wondering about how you did.
Old Jul 16, 2001, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Nanook:
Ok, FlyingHammy, how many more do you have to go now? We want a report.

For me, the sale is over and we had a party this week so I was busy with other things. Just wondering about how you did.
</font>
My heart sank when I called Costco last Wednesday and was informed that someone had took ALL the cases from the two Costcos I was counting on getting more. So I asked where I can get more at the sale price. Apparently none is left in N. Cal. L.A. has a different sale price as it's a different region. BUT, there were two Costcos in the San Diego region that each has 250+ cases left. I had to make a quick decision, as I just know they'd be gone if I waited any longer to get them.

I went to work on Thursday, and asked my boss for a day off on Friday. It was short noticed but he approved the day off. I booked a one way ticket to San Diego for Friday, 6:25am. Booked a rental car and hotel as well.

On Friday, woke up at 5:30am (never woke up this early for work!) Went to San Diego. Drove the rental car to 130 miles east of San Diego, and found out why these Twists are still left -- it's in the middel of nowhere, I mean desert. Contacted the local food bank, and they picked up the 320 cases there. Three other workers and I opened the cases, emptied the boxes, and flatten them for me to take home. We worked in 100 degrees of heat...

By the time we finished it was around 2:30pm. The food bank closes in one hour. The other Costco that I was supposed to pick up my cases had sold ALL the cases since Wednesday - someone else beat me to them. I learned that there was 200+ cases about 90 miles north, and asked the food bank if they'd be willing to go there. The director wanted the donation, so we drove 90 miles to pick up the cases, and got back to the food bank around 6:30pm. He got his wife and four kids to help unload the bars, and we were done in one and a half hour. By the time I got back to my hotel in San Diego it was past 10pm and I was exhausted. But I got 2,400+ of the 100 mile certs in my car. The next day I got up around 7am to return my rental car and got a truck to drive up to the Bay area.

Now that the roadtrip is over, I can say I'll never do this again!

------------------
WooHoo!

[This message has been edited by FlyingHammy (edited 07-16-2001).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.