new AA.COM online booking bonus

Old Jul 24, 01, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

new AA.COM online booking bonus

(from AA.Com)

Just book an American Airlines or American Eagle flight on AA.com by August 6, 2001 and complete travel by December 16, 2001 to receive your bonus.
If this is your first time booking a flight at AA.com, you can earn up to 5,000 AAdvantage miles.
If you're already an AA.com customer, you'll receive up to
2,500 AAdvantage miles every time you book online.

Restrictions
Standard AA.com 1,000 bonus miles - Earn up to 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles for each
round-trip ticket booked on AA.com for travel on American Airlines or American Eagle. Miles will be credited after travel is completed. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification and do not apply to AAdvantage travel award bookings. AA.com bonus applies to person traveling.

Special First Time Booking 5,000 bonus miles - Earn 5,000 AAdvantage bonus miles for a first time online booking using AA.com for round-trip travel on American Airlines or American Eagle. Offer valid for bookings made between 7/24/01 and 8/6/01. Travel must be completed by 12/16/01. One First Time Booking bonus mile award per person will be awarded. First Time Booking bonus miles will appear on member statement as 4,000 miles for first time booking and 1,000 miles for standard AA.com booking, for a total of 5,000 miles.

Repeat Booking bonus - Earn 2,500 AAdvantage bonus miles for each additional round-trip on American Airlines or American Eagle that is booked and purchased on AA.com after the First Time booking. Offer valid for bookings made between 7/24/01 - 8/6/01. Travel must be completed by 12/16/01, and registration prior to travel is required. Repeat Booking bonus will appear on member statement as 1,500 miles for each booking and 1,000 miles for standard AA.com booking, for a total of 2,500.

Old Jul 24, 01, 4:24 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Where on aa.com did you find that? There is a link under Specials, but clicking it results in "Invalid URL, the html page does not exist.".
Old Jul 24, 01, 5:05 am

Okay, now the link is working but were do I find the promotion code?

"registration prior to travel is required". How?
Old Jul 24, 01, 5:23 am

Programs: AA EP
Yet another AA Promotion with poor execution!!!
Old Jul 24, 01, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Called Customer Service, after patiently explaining to a CSR who didn't know anything about this program, she put me on hold, came back after 10 minutes and told me she still didn't know anything and was traferring me to Customer Service. (?? what, I thought she was CCS??)

2nd CSR also didn't know, but had access to AA.com and read the bonus description, put me on hold for another 10 minutes, came back and told me that she and others there thought perhaps the computer will automatically give us the bonus. However, she will pursue this matter further up.

I am not upset with these CSRs; AA marketing or whoever does these programs ought to give better information out to everyone, including CSRs and Customers.
Old Jul 24, 01, 10:43 am

Programs: AA,AS,UA,Hyatt,Hilton
Go to aa.com, click on aadvantage then aadvantagge special offers. Scroll down and you will find:

AA.com

BONUS OFFER
Book on AA.com for Travel Systemwide
Award: Up to 5,000 Bonus Miles
Dates: Book on AA.com between July 24, 2001 - August 6, 2001 Travel between July 24, 2001 - December 16, 2001
Restrictions: Here's how it works: If this is your first time to book a flight at AA.com, you can earn up to 5,000 AAdvantage miles. If you're already an AA.com customer, you can earn up to 2,500 AAdvantage miles. Just make your booking on American Airlines or American Eagle at AA.com between July 24 and August 6, 2001 and complete travel by December 16, 2001. Bonus will be posted within 3-4 weeks after flight activity is posted to the traveler's AAdvantage account. Bonuses apply only to traveling AAdvantage members. First Time Booking bonus will appear on member statement as 4,000 miles for first time booking and 1,000 miles for standard AA.com booking, for a total of 5,000 miles. One First Time Booking bonus mile award per person will be awarded. Repeat Booking bonus will be awarded for each additional round-trip booked and purchased on AA.com after the First Time booking. Bonus will appear on member statement as 1,500 miles for repeat booking and 1,000 miles for standard AA.com booking, for a total of 2,500 miles.

Award: Earn up to 1,000 bonus miles for every American Airlines or American Eagle round-trip ticket that is booked on AA.
Dates: On going offer

Restrictions: Bonus applies to AAdvantage member traveling. Bonus miles will be awarded after travel is completed and do not count toward elite-status qualification. Bonus miles are awarded on purchased, published fares only. No registration required.
Old Jul 24, 01, 11:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Top Tier:
No registration required. </font>

There it is!
Old Jul 24, 01, 11:06 am

No wonder the 20/20 promo is a mess when they can't even keep track of their own aa.com promos...

If on aa.com you click via Specials it says "registration prior to travel is required", if you click via AAdvantage is says "No registration required".

So, which is it?

Aaaargh...
Old Jul 24, 01, 2:10 pm

Also, reading the promo's description, it almost sounds like the repeat bonus only applies if you've previously earned the first time bonus during the same period... or am I reading it incorrectly?
Old Jul 24, 01, 2:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by honu:
Also, reading the promo's description, it almost sounds like the repeat bonus only applies if you've previously earned the first time bonus during the same period... or am I reading it incorrectly?</font>
I agree that's what it sounds like from the more detailed description. However, at the top it says: "If you're already an AA.com customer, you can earn up to 2,500 AAdvantage miles".
Old Jul 25, 01, 12:27 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Hi everyone!

Sorry about the confusing wording on this latest Bonus promotion! No registration (as in Promo Code) is needed and this wording will be removed from the "restrictions" section. The miles will automatically post within 3-4 weeks of your completed trip.

The repeat booking bonus (1500 plus the normal 1000 bonus miles for a total of 2500)is applicable for each reservation that you book between 07/24/2001 and 08/06/2001 as long as the travel is completed by 12/16/2001.

Remember, the AADVANTAGE member must also be the traveler to receive the miles (not just the one booking the reservation). Although, all travelers, with AADVANTAGE numbers on the reservation will receive bonus miles. Hope this isn't more confusing!! Let me know if you want further clarification on anything else with this promotion.

Again, sorry about the wording. We appreciate you!

Sue
Old Jul 25, 01, 12:30 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Hi everyone!

Sorry about the confusing wording on this latest Bonus promotion! No registration (as in Promo Code) is needed and this wording will be removed from the "restrictions" section. The miles will automatically post within 3-4 weeks of your completed trip.

The repeat booking bonus (1500 plus the normal 1000 bonus miles for a total of 2500)is applicable for each reservation that you book between 07/24/2001 and 08/06/2001 as long as the travel is completed by 12/16/2001. This applies to anyone who has booked a previous reservation on AA.com.

Remember, the AADVANTAGE member must also be the traveler to receive the miles (not just the one booking the reservation). Although, all travelers, with AADVANTAGE numbers on the reservation will receive bonus miles. Hope this isn't more confusing!! Let me know if you want further clarification on anything else with this promotion.

Again, sorry about the wording. We appreciate you!

Sue

Search this Thread