Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New A319 Seat Configuration Confirmed: 8/18/102

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A friendly reminder from your (at the moment) Cuba based moderator: cross posting is prohibited on FlyerTalk.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delta A319s get new seats, planning on 12 First Class

Good news from the competition this morning as Delta announces a $770 million narrowbody fleet refresh that includes keeping its A319s at 12 F; US A319s already have 12 F, so perhaps there's hope for another row of F in the new AA A319s. And their A319s will continue to feature 18 EC seats.

The A319 will include 12 seats in First Class and the A320 will have 16 First Class seats. All Economy seats on both aircraft types will feature wider seats with an increase from the current 17.2 inches to 18 inches for each seat. Both fleets will have 18 Economy Comfort seats with 34 inches of pitch. Economy seats will each have 31 inches of pitch on both aircraft with 102 seats on the A319 and 126 seats on the A320.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-...140000532.html
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:33 am
dw
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Good news from the competition this morning as Delta announces a $770 million narrowbody fleet refresh that includes keeping its A319s at 12 F; US A319s already have 12 F, so perhaps there's hope for another row of F in the new AA A319s. And their A319s will continue to feature 18 EC seats.

The oddest thing is that AA's current config is 8/18/102 whereas the new DL config is going to be 12/18/102. I'm not sure how DL is going to be able to squeeze all those seats in while preserving 31" of seat pitch for regular Y... unless they are drastically going to shrink or otherwise reposition the galleys and lavs... perhaps they'll do like VX and eliminate most of the rear galley, while moving the lavs to that space.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FWAAA

I need to dig up a link but I swear I read that AA was going to reconfigure the US planes to match the AA spec.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dw
The oddest thing is that AA's current config is 8/18/102 whereas the new DL config is going to be 12/18/102. I'm not sure how DL is going to be able to squeeze all those seats in while preserving 31" of seat pitch for regular Y... unless they are drastically going to shrink or otherwise reposition the galleys and lavs... perhaps they'll do like VX and eliminate most of the rear galley, while moving the lavs to that space.
Since the pitch in FC on DL's Airbus narrow body's are laughable, I can see how this works out... But I also think that with the new seats going into the airbus's I'm betting they are of the slim design seats. I also thought I read that DL was going to return the ovens to the airbus in Y. I could be wrong about this.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw
There are rumours (from DL employees) that DL will remove the rear galleys from the A319s and A320s and move the rear lavs to the former galley space. All service items would be stored in the F galley, which might be enlarged slightly. Then, if the planes are scheduled primarily for one or two hour routes, the shortage of galley space isn't the same problem as it would be on a four or five hour flight.

DL plans to add an additional row of F plus an additional row of E- to its A320s for a total of 160.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.