Admirals Club closed while airport still open

Old Jul 9, 01, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Admirals Club closed while airport still open

I connected through LAX last week. My outbound DFW flight was to leave at 12:30am.

I arrived to the Admirals Club at 11:21pm. They told me the club was closed. The sign cearly stated closing time to be 11:30pm so I politely informed them that I would remain in the club until that time.

Nevertheless, the Admirals Club is not a free service and should stay open until the last AA flight for the day leaves (at LAX that seems to be around 12:45am). This type of travel is when you expect the club to be open.

I saw at least four other people after me try to go into the closed club.
Old Jul 9, 01, 4:30 pm

You have touched a nerve. The LAX Admirals Club is one of the worst in the system. The staff is generally unhelpful and the amenities are few and far between. They seem to put out about three or four newspapers at 7:00AM. After that you are on your own to find something to read.
One would think that American would have one of the best facilities in the entertainment capital of the world

------------------
Old Jul 9, 01, 5:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AAaLot:
Nevertheless, the Admirals Club is not a free service and should stay open until the last AA flight for the day leaves (at LAX that seems to be around 12:45am). This type of travel is when you expect the club to be open.
</font>
This has certainly never been the case at the clubs I've patronized most. They are generally open for the bulk of flights, but almost never are they still open for the very last flight. [And they usually close early on Saturdays to boot.]

Old Jul 9, 01, 6:37 pm
J S

I too have found the LAX Admirals club frustrating. I was on a recent red eye to JFK in paid F class. The flight was delayed approximately 2 hours due to mechanical problems, yet I was ejected from the club and left to wait down on the concourse. The red eye is unpleasant enough. When it is delayed, they ought to keep the club open to accomondate their inconvenienced passengers.
-JS
Old Jul 9, 01, 7:17 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I agree - and sadly too. the LAX club has some of the worst agents I have seen in the system - snooty, rude and unhelpful IMHO.

Old Jul 9, 01, 8:26 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
Contrast that with the Phoenix Club. They stayed open a couple hours late a few months ago after a flight to SJC was seriously delayed. That certainly deserved some SOS's!
Old Jul 9, 01, 11:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freakflyer:
Contrast that with the Phoenix Club. They stayed open a couple hours late a few months ago after a flight to SJC was seriously delayed. That certainly deserved some SOS's!</font>
Ditto the Dulles club that stayed open late to accomodate those of us delayed (a month or so ago) for approx. 5 hours by stormy weather!

Old Jul 9, 01, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Have any of you receiving bad service at LAX club complained to management (Admirals Club or AA)? What was the response? Even if the staff is unionized, I would expect action on such terrible service. Maybe no one has complained officially so far.
Old Jul 10, 01, 3:54 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
i really think AC should open as long as airport is open.
the lounge in NA is quite ridiculous compared to other parts of the world IMHO, they charge you a fee and they dont offer you service.

LAX for one.
also one of the lounges in JFK (the other is 10 minute walk away)
Old Jul 10, 01, 11:13 am
SST

It ticks me off that I have been kicked out of the DFW Admiral's Club before my flight was ready for boarding (Sunday nite, the new club, should be the granddaddy of all service).

The LAX Terminal 3 Admiral's club was closing in the EARLY AFTERNOON on Sundays, (the last time for a TWA flight, but plenty of AA flights thru till 10:00 pm); I hope this travesty has changed.

I actually expect something for my annual renewal. Am I being unreasonable here? Is anyone from AA's Admiral's Club listening?
Old Jul 10, 01, 11:35 am

First off, I sympathize greatly with anyone stuck in an airport morning, noon or night without access to the club.

But let's ask a question. Like all service providers, AA is presumably balancing the cost of providing service, particularly in off-peak hours, against utilization. Given that these facilities are closed very early and very late (keeping the question of whether they, and other airport facilities, should be open 24/7 separate), how much. if any incremental membership cost would you be willing to bear?

Personally, I can't see adding more than 10-15%, as I am not in these situations that often (despite the fact that when they do occur, they really suck).
Old Jul 10, 01, 1:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
I agree - and sadly too. the LAX club has some of the worst agents I have seen in the system - snooty, rude and unhelpful IMHO.
</font>
Maybe they aren't going to be included in the new AC/executive center/flagship lounge when the renovations are done.
Old Jul 10, 01, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

The Admirals Club is a 'American Airlines service related to flights.'

Accordingly the club should remain open with a similar schedule as American flights.

There should be no extra cost for what they 'should' be providing.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: