Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to AA

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CalRef
As I worked my way toward 2MM, all earned with actual UA miles with no other contributors, I was told in writing that upon reaching 2MM I would be granted lifetime 1K , lifetime membership into the United Club, and 2 regional upgrades per year for life.
PMUA never had 1K for life
Old May 24, 2013, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
Thanks to everyone. I know nothing is perfect but I feel better already.
Old May 24, 2013, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CalRef
This probably needs to be in the NEWBIE thread.
Or here: Chances of upgrade clearing, upgrade availability discussion (consolidated - 2013 on)

I love it when someone starts a thread by saying "I know I shouldn't start a new thread for this, I know how to do it right, but that is too much trouble for a really important person like me. That's for the little people."
Old May 25, 2013, 5:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
A Gold or PLT expecting an upgrade in and out of PSP, one should not get their hopes up.
Old May 25, 2013, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by SeamusSA
. . . AA IRROPS handling sucked. . .

IME, AA IRROPS handling was very good - the only downside is that it's SLOW.
Old May 25, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Plat4Life 3.9mm, UA, BA, Intergalactic Spacelines
Another point to think about is the AA-US merger. If all goes well, there'll be AA flights to PHX and points beyond. Unless of course they decide to make an improvement and cancel that route. I've asked AA about bringing back the Eagle flights (PSP-LAX) but they are "disinclined to acquiesce to my request" in other words NO!
Old May 25, 2013, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by Git-er-dun
Another point to think about is the AA-US merger. If all goes well, there'll be AA flights to PHX and points beyond. Unless of course they decide to make an improvement and cancel that route. I've asked AA about bringing back the Eagle flights (PSP-LAX) but they are "disinclined to acquiesce to my request" in other words NO!
US has PSP-PHX flights right now. OP is better off booking PSP-PHX-PHL/ORD/DTW on US imo.
Old May 27, 2013, 7:55 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by brp
I'm pretty happy with AA at present, but I hold no illusions that there won't be changes of things "promised" that I won't like.
There will be a lot of pain among AA flyers if AA management goes down the same road UA did. After flying 1MM BIS Miles on UA metal I was promised lifetime premier executive status, the prior middle tier at UA, and it was in place pre-merger. In the merger they retitled that tier Gold, dropped the bonus miles to 50% from 100%, and took away annual regional upgrades. It was a big hit. There is at least one class action lawsuit underway.

Now, imagine AA changing lifetime Platinum to something like titanium status, and in the course of that dropping bonus miles to 50% and messing with your domestic upgrade rate accrual. That would be pretty similar to what UA did. If all you had was that midtier or lifetime status, think you'd be looking at alternatives?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by dcdavido
(3) No less than 16 FC seats, even on 737. UA transcons with A319 (8 FC seats) and A320 (12 FC) seats are killer for upgrades.
There are serious concerns about the new 319 configuration with 8F seats and which routes it will be used for.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-18-102-a.html

The other 'improvement' since the merger was announced is that the soft landing of elite status goes away from next year.

The grass is green-er on the dAArk side, but not really green either
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:16 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As it appears that the OP has gotten the information needed, we'll close this thread as we're starting to wander off-topic (e.g., UA vs. AA, merger speculation, A319). Thanks everyone for your comments/replies! /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.