Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clarification on AAdvantage 20 Partners...

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2001, 12:09 pm

Anyone know what national dry cleaner chain gives miles? I know I have heard one advertsised, but can't track it down. If we all share our ideas (proven or otherwise) we can get this done!

I don't know of a National Dry Cleaner, but here is one that is local to Dallas. http://www.bibbentuckers.com/aadvantage/aadvantage.asp
Old May 17, 2001, 1:24 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
just got wife's mailed summary [ the change to e-summary didn't take, i guess] fine print still says [ to me], that nat park $200 gift can be made during period & all miles during period count. have looked at aadvantage's posts & don't see anything on it. is there a final answer anywhere?
Old May 17, 2001, 1:27 pm
In Memoriam

just got wife's mailed summary [ the change to e-summary didn't take, i guess] fine print still says [ to me], that nat park $200 gift can be made during period & all miles during period count. have looked at aadvantage's posts & don't see anything on it. is there a final answer anywhere?
Old May 17, 2001, 1:32 pm
In Memoriam

Old May 17, 2001, 3:13 pm
BJJ

Ok FSCHER, I sent my fax. I asked four questions, and asked that AA put together a FAQ page for the 20K bonus. I asked:
1) If I donate to two charities that award AA miles for donations, will I earn one partner credit, or two?
2) If I purchase from two companies through the AOLAAdvantage site (e.g. Orvis, and Land’s End), will I get two partner credits, or just one? I have heard of an answer by an AA customer service rep that contradicts what you said on FlyerTalk Chat on this question.
3) If I accept two magazine subscriptions (both from Time Warner) through the AOLAAdvantage site, will I get credit for two partner credits, or just one?
4) I have a certificate from Greenpoints.com for 500 miles. The certificate is not expired. Will this count as a partner, given that Greenpoints no longer awards such certificates?

Old May 17, 2001, 4:58 pm

Here is mine. I think by listing it this way, there is no room for error (if they respond):

May 17, 2001

Attn: Executive Offices of American Airlines
Re: 20th Anniversary Promotion/ 20K bonus

I have some specific questions that I need answered. I have called your customer service department and got conflicting answers and now I need to have something confirmed from the very top! A reply before the end of Friday would be much appreciated (tomorrow). It would be horrible to think I am qualified and to find out much later that I have not.

I am going to list twenty things. ASSUMING that they all post, would this count as twenty partners for twenty thousand bonus miles. I understand that you cannot tell me when or if they will post. My only question is – “IF” they post as I have them listed, does this meet the requirement? If not, please explain why (specifics). I will then list some alternate partners. I would like your comment on them, too.

Also, if someone from your executive office would please go to FLYERTALK.COM and look under the AMERICAN AIRLINE section, they will see a poster with the name of AADVANTAGE. Can you confirm that she is giving authorized information and that we can count on information that she has and will continue to issue? The reason for this is simply that the poster confirmed that a post from Sharper Image and a post from Eddie Bauer would be two different partners and count as two of the credits. When I called your service department this morning about a question, they said only one credit would count, NO MATTER HOW MANY DIFFERENT STORES and services, etc. were used going through aolaadvantage.com. Even if they post under different names, she said they would all be grouped as one.

Here is my list of twenty:
BMG music
National Park Donation
Opinion Place survey
Application for AA CITI mastercard (application listed as partner on main list)
Clickrewards transfer
Marriott Rewards points to mile conversion
Entertainment Magazine
Points.com conversion
People Magazine
Money Magazine
Real Simple Magazine
Time Magazine
Sports Illustrated
Kelloggs promotion
American Airlines Nonprofit foundation: Donation to JCC in California (on list)
Chef.com purchase
Office Max purchase
Eddie Bauer purchase
Vehicles on Line quote
AA dining program

If anything from above does not count, please explain why and tell me about these:

Making a second donation to a charity from Non profit foundation (AA)
Greenpoints.com posting for 500 miles from mail in certificate
Hilton points to miles conversion
USING my AA CITI mastercard after applying for it
Making a purchase from Sharper Image

Please respond to:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[email protected]
xxx-xxx-xxxx
AA# 1234567
Old May 17, 2001, 5:05 pm

Originally posted by Bourne:
For the purpose of this promotion each participating "brand" not hotel "company" will count as one individual transaction. There are various hotel companies within the AAdvantage program that offer miles at several different "brands" of their hotel. For example, Marriott Hotels is an AAdvantage partner. Members may earn AAdvantage miles at any "brand" of Marriott property: Marriott Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Marriott Suites, Marriott Vacation Club, etc. Each "brand" of Marriott Hotels, that awards miles, will count as a different partner * rather than all Marriott Hotel "brands" counting as one partner.

Reading this clarification with context to Time Warner, I guess each mag brand would count as a partner and not one for the company (Time Warner).

Also, using this example makes the same case:

2) AAdvantage Dining is considered one AAdvantage partner for this promotion. While there are several different restaurants that participate within the AAdvantage Dining program, these restaurants do not participate in the AAdvantage program under each individual establishment name –they participate as “AAdvantage Dining” therefore all restaurants under AAdvantage Dining count as one partner.

The magazines are under different names, even though the dining program will always say AADVANTAGE DINING no matter how many different places you eat at. It will be very interesting to see what AA says. If we can count all six (and it looks like we should) this will be a piece of cake! If my list gets the green light, I can move on to help my husband get his 20 partner credits.
Old May 17, 2001, 5:12 pm

fscher
I really like your list, it is very much like my own. I will try to keep good thought till you hear if more then one aol dealer will count as a partner. If they won't allow the points to count towards the 20 partners, I'll have to spit a few more nails.
Old May 17, 2001, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, QF PLT, Marriott PLT
Originally posted by fscher:
Also, if someone from your executive office would please go to FLYERTALK.COM and look under the AMERICAN AIRLINE section, they will see a poster with the name of AADVANTAGE. Can you confirm that she is giving authorized information and that we can count on information that she has and will continue to issue?
I can't think of a more sure way for Big Brother AA to clamp down on AAdvantage's postings than by drawing attention to her. I'll be interested to see how AA responds -- hopefully not in the same way they responded to RDURES1's postings.

Eventually, AA is going to have to break down and have some sort of customer relations presence in the board. Hopefully, it will be sooner than later.
Old May 17, 2001, 6:58 pm

Having them here is exactly what I think we need. If AADVANTAGE did not think she should be here, she would not have given her name (Sue). I just want to know if she is giving correct information, and if she posts something in error, will they stand behind her?

[This message has been edited by fscher (edited 05-17-2001).]
Old May 17, 2001, 8:06 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I find this all entertaining because what I have been seeing since coming to American 12 months ago is a giant train wreck over and over again.I should have recorded the Fly all the Continents promo last summer with responses @ AA to questions posed.Ripleys believe it or not!One Agent told me she did not know which Continents qualified. Of all the airlines I have flown I have never seen so much disorgainization in a company of their magnitude. It amazes me their planes stay up in the air.How they allow this much confusion to exist in any promotion is beyond my comprehension.Have my own strategy to get around all this nonsense by throwing enough transactions against the wall & into my account.American has a fantastic program great promotions(when any one can figure them out) a horrible web site rated below average by Consumer Reports Magazine and a staff that miscommunicates much of the information to consumers on a regular basis(not the agents fault) because Dallas Mgt only really cares about selling tickets in the end.They do that the best with a great staff and fine service.Wish they would put one third of that effort into customer service and consumer relations. I spoke with someone in Don Cartys office (will be kind and not share this individuals name) after sending a letter of complaint about these and similar issues. They told me they had no intention of making things better with customer service and include more promo codes as it would cost them to much money to improve this communication.They also added Besides we are in the middle of finishing the purchase of TWA and really don't have the time or the interest to do so in the coming future.Wish I were making this stuff up.I would rather they not tell me the truth after hearing it.Would have really rather heard the canned version we here @ American value your business and will work harder to insure satisfaction.Wishing you all the best of luck with this titanic of a company .At American I am sad to say it is business as usual.Happy travels all and keep those miles coming.......................

------------------
AA & Starwood Platinum
Diamond Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
U/A Premier Exec

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 05-17-2001).]
Old May 17, 2001, 8:28 pm

Programs: US Gold, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
My 20th (potential) partner has just posted.
I have contacted Customer Service to have them check my account and see if these are all satisfactory partners.

1) Opinion Place
2) Express.com
3) LandsEnd.com
4) EddieBauer.com
5) ClickMiles Transfer
6) Hilton HHonors Transfer
7) Diners Club Transfer
8) BMG Music Service
9) Priority Club Transfer
10) Points.com Transfer
11) AA Aadvantage Miles (Duhh!)
12) National Car Rental
13) Hyatt
14) Best Western
15) Starwood (Sheraton)
16) Hilton Hotels
17) Alaska Air
18) Marriott Transfer
19) Time Subscription
20) CarParts.com

My corportate travel agent thought I was a lunatic when I was on a trip to Washington, DC and stayed at a Hyatt, Hilton and Sheraton on three successive nights.

I also have the National Park donation and Spiegel in reserve.

I'll keep you posted on the answer.
Old May 18, 2001, 9:28 am

the theory of "different postings = multiple credits" just got blown out the door:

This is an answer from an email that had gone to AA before I faxed yesterday's letter:
At least she did take the time to get the "right" answer (not what we wanted to hear)and it was very professional!

Thank you for visiting the American Airlines Web site and for your
recent e-mail to AAdvantage Customer Service.

I apologize for the delay, but I have been working with a group that is
in charge of this promotion to determine which ones are indeed eligible
and which are not. I have copied your list below, and have noted whether
or not each item is eligible for the bonus. If you have any questions,
please contact me back and I will do my best to answer them.

1.BMG Music --- YES
2.National Park Donation---YES
3.Opinion Place Survey---YES
4.Application for AA CITI (as listed on partner list)---YES, AS LONG AS
YOU ARE *APPROVED*
5.Click reward transfer --YES (CURRENTLY NOT ON THE AA.COM LIST, BUT
WILL BE ADDED ASAP)
6.Marriott Reward conversion--YES
7.Entertainment Magazine---NO (ONE MAGAZINE PER TIME WARNER)
8.Points.com Conversion to AA----YES (CURRENTLY NOT ON THE AA.COM LIST,
BUT WILL BE ADDED ASAP)
9.People Magazine ---NO (ONE MAGAZINE PER TIME WARNER)
10.Money Magazine---NO (ONE MAGAZINE PER TIME WARNER)
11. Real Simple Magazine----NO (ONE MAGAZINE PER TIME WARNER)
12.Time Magazine----NO (ONE MAGAZINE PER TIME WARNER)
13.sports Illustrated----YES ( ALL MAGAZINES COUNT AS ONE PARTNER--TIME
WARNER)
14.Kelloggs promo miles----YES
15.Am. Fundraising donation to Jewish Center/CA.----YES
16.Chef.com purchase---YES
17.OfficeMax Purchase----YES
18.Eddie Bauer Gift Certificate purchase----YES
19 Vehicles on Line quote---YES
20 AA dining program.----YES

In summary, all the magazine subscriptions are under "Time Warner" so
they would count just one time regardless to the number. I only
selected "Sports Illustrated" as YES, but any of them would count for
the one partner. That was only an example.

For a list of the eligible partners (which should be updated any time
with the additional partners mentioned above), please see AA.com and
select the link for the 20 Years/20 Partners and then "partners."

I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns. I look
forward to assisting you again in the future.

Old May 18, 2001, 9:57 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Bummer!

I think AA may have to do a 'grandfather' clause here!
Old May 18, 2001, 10:29 am
BJJ

Ok - Way to go Fscher and Topaz - you have moved us forward in this puzzle! And it is a puzzle and a challenge - should we admit we love it!? Topaz, based on Fscher's email from AA, you should have it covered. We'll see in 6-8 weeks, I guess. Please do come back and let us know. Fscher - did AA not respond to 'extra' partners that you included under your proposed 20? That's too bad, because it still leaves open the question of Greenpoints (turning in an unexpired 500 mile certificate issued before Greenpoints left AA as a partner), and using your newly acquired Mastercard (in addition to the partner credit for being approved/accepting the card). And Fscher, it looks like you just need 4 more partners...I understand why you leave Hilton HHonors as an "only if I have to" - you lose a lot in the transfer. I'm in the same boat. Do I really want to sacrifice 5K LatinPass miles to transfer through HH for 2K AA miles? The transfer could take 3 months, so I'd better start now moving LP to HH (up to 90 days required). Some thoughts on your other 4:
1) Flowers?? I'd love some if you need somebody to send to
2) Orvis - LOookunder Sale items
3) Express.com $2 of batteries ?
4) Speigel and/or Lands End - quality stuff, everybody can use.
5) Plow and Hearth
6) Rent Avis - CozumelJen said somewhere you get 100 extra miles for every year you've been with AAdvantage with a car rental??? For me thats 1100 miles - just about worth the a $23 car rental. (anybody know anything more about this Avis promo?)

Hang in there Fscher!! and thanks for your efforts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.