Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clarification on AAdvantage 20 Partners...

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2001, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally posted by chix:
Whoa! What am I missing here?

Here's the official list of AA partners direct from their web site. Many if the items you listed such as Eddie Bauer, Orvis, Harry & David are not official contest partners.

Please advise what I am missing....
See AAdvantage's post above:

AOLAADVANTAGE is not as confusing as it seems. If you earn miles from completely different partners thru this program like
SharperImage or carparts.com (one of your examples?!) they both count - or you have
2 of your 20 parnters. The legal verbiage
on aa.com has more information regarding
AOLAADVANTAGE.
chix, that lasty post is a bit unwieldy - - would you mind redacting it?

[This message has been edited by cactuspete (edited 05-15-2001).]
Old May 15, 2001, 4:50 pm

Originally posted by MIKESILV:
Calypso might be just a service operation for the listed partners.
My wife ordered items from both Spiegel.com
and Petsmart.com and the miles posted in her AOLAdvantage account listed by each respective vendor.
Pity the order was made in April before the current promo. Miles took about 3 weeks to post, consequently I am pretty certain that those a least are considered separate and valid partners for the 20 to 20K program.
Mike

Hi MIKESILV,
Thanks for the information about your wife's AOL Advantage partner purchases, as I was curious if they posted under their respective names (officemax, petsmart, etc.). Just one question, since I've never made purchases through AOL Advantage partners: Did you click through to Officemax
using the AOL Advantage website? I ask this because I just want to make sure I do it right to get AA miles credit and AOL Advantage partners do not seem to have any info about entering your FF account # anywhere on their onlineorder forms. Thanks.
Old May 15, 2001, 5:19 pm

Okay, just when we thought we were confused enough, here's a reply from [email protected] that i received when I inquired whether AOL Advantage partners count as one or if they count separately:

"...Unfortunately, AOL AAdvantage doesn't know anything about this offer and therefore our partners are not included. Additionally, I would encourage you to contact AA again, and have them clarify the terms and conditions of the offer if you have any additional questions or concerns."

Well, we know this isn't true, since at least some (if not all) of the AOL Advantage partners ARE INCLUDED in this promotion.
Old May 15, 2001, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Originally posted by travelour:

Hi MIKESILV,
Thanks for the information about your wife's AOL Advantage partner purchases, as I was curious if they posted under their respective names (officemax, petsmart, etc.). Just one question, since I've never made purchases through AOL Advantage partners: Did you click through to Officemax
using the AOL Advantage website? I ask this because I just want to make sure I do it right to get AA miles credit and AOL Advantage partners do not seem to have any info about entering your FF account # anywhere on their onlineorder forms. Thanks.
Hi travelour

All purchases were made by clicking through at the AOLAdvantage site. (I made purchases there over the weekend for Time-Warner, OfficeMax.com, Carparts.com and Orvis.com.
using the same method)

First you select the vendor and click a red button that says ACT NOW at that time and EVERY TIME you access a vendor site you are asked for your AAadvantage number and your password, after you enter your are told how many miles you will get for a site purchase.
As I said before Speigel and Petsmart miles did show up under vendor name on the AA.com statement. Will post as soon as the recent purchases I made show up and how they are listed.
Mike
P.S.
One thing I did notice after I posted this message was the AOL site said something to effect that "this offer for AOL service subcribers only " I wonder if the site looks different to other members using a different ISP.

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 05-15-2001).]
Old May 15, 2001, 8:15 pm

Originally posted by MIKESILV:
Hi travelour

One thing I did notice after I posted this message was the AOL site said something to effect that "this offer for AOL service subcribers only " I wonder if the site looks different to other members using a different ISP.

Thanks for the update. My understanding about AOL Advantage is they have "regular" mileage offers and special "AOL" promotions, where extra miles are offered exclusively to AOL subscribers. So, where a non-AOL individual might receive 3 miles per dollar spent on a purchase from one of the AOL Advantage vendors, an AOL subscriber might receive 4 miles per dollar spent.
Old May 15, 2001, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Do purchases of sharper image gift certificates qualify?

Eddie Bauer?
Old May 16, 2001, 6:44 am

Then open their Alaska Plus (whatever it is called) for 1000 more.
How do you do this.??? I signed up for the 500 miles, but didn't see the Alaska Plus part???

Thanx!
Old May 16, 2001, 7:20 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
rspading,

It's called MyAlaska Air and can be accessed via:
www.myalaskaair.com

[This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 05-16-2001).]
Old May 16, 2001, 8:30 am

tvl4free,

THANKS!!!
Old May 16, 2001, 10:13 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Aadvantage Fund Raising is listed as a partner. If two donations are made to two different organizations is it one or two partners? If you order two magazines from Time, is it one or two different partners.
AA says that will post the 20,000 miles from 6-8 weeks after achieving 20 partners. Would the first, and subsequent receivers of the bonus start a thread. Then we'll know what really counts. (or will we?)

------------------
DtG
Old May 16, 2001, 11:21 am

Originally posted by dgordon:
If you order two magazines from Time, is it one or two different partners.
I signed up for Sports Illustrated and People for my husband and myself. Each posted as the specific magazine subscription - not as "Time Warner". I'd assume the worst, however, and not count on 5 magazine subscriptions as 5 partners.

Other ideas that I haven't seen posted here... point transfers from hotel programs with some effort and little expense. I didn't belong to any of these but joined and applied for the credit cards for the bonus points:

Marriott gives you 5000 points for applying for the credit card. Get another 5000 through charges or clickreward transfers then transfer to AA.

Hilton Honors gives you 1000 points for joining, 7500 bonus for the credit card and 1000 each time you update your profile. You only need 10000 to transfer to AA.

You can sign up for Radisson goldpoints through the AOLAAdvantage site. Activate your goldpoints number at the goldpoints site and buy $50 cert by linking through to giftcertificates. This gives you enough points to transfer to AA.

Join Starwood and earn points by eating at a hotel restaurant even if you don't stay overnight. You can upgrade to gold by referral from a platinum member (search threads for more info). Then you get 3 pts per dollar spent and only need 1500 points to transfer to AA. You can transfer clickrewards or Diners club points into Starwood once you've earned some points via Starwood directly.

Good luck!
Old May 16, 2001, 11:27 am

For the purpose of this promotion each participating "brand" not hotel "company" will count as one individual transaction. There are various hotel companies within the AAdvantage program that offer miles at several different "brands" of their hotel. For example, Marriott Hotels is an AAdvantage partner. Members may earn AAdvantage miles at any "brand" of Marriott property: Marriott Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Marriott Suites, Marriott Vacation Club, etc. Each "brand" of Marriott Hotels, that awards miles, will count as a different partner * rather than all Marriott Hotel "brands" counting as one partner.

Reading this clarification with context to Time Warner, I guess each mag brand would count as a partner and not one for the company (Time Warner).

Old May 16, 2001, 11:46 am

Location: San Jose, CA; AA Plat, CO Silver, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Anyone know whether Starwood Direct Deposit of airline miles count as a separate partner for each Starwood chain? (That is showing your SPG card at check-in, and your account is activated for direct deposit of airline miles instead of SPG points. This is different from showing your AA card at check-in and not having your SPG number in the system.)

I'm not sure how it shows up on the AAdvantage statement, but I don't want to have to stay at a 4 points unless it's going to count as a separate transaction from say, a Westin.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ryan

[This message has been edited by SJSharky (edited 05-16-2001).]
Old May 16, 2001, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA, NWA, UA, Hilton, Marriott
Ryan:

I stayed at Sheraton Mirage in Port Douglas, Austrailia (my favorite Shearton!) in October, and this is how the direct miles posted to my account:

10/31/2000 STARWOOD HOTELS S/MIRAGE PORT DOUGL

So, I don't know what that would count as "Starwood" or "S/Mirage" = Sheraton Mirage. If it's "Starwood", then probably all direct deposits will count as 1 partner, but who can tell for sure?
Old May 16, 2001, 2:13 pm
BJJ

Thanks FSCHER! I scarfed up the 1500 Alaska miles. I figure I might need to wait a few days for those mile to post to my new Alaska Airlines account, and then I'll transfer them using Points.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.