Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clarification on AAdvantage 20 Partners...

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2001, 3:38 pm

Just remember: According to Bruce Chemel -

So many of the questions surrounding this promotion come from folks trying to make it harder than it is! Let me assure you, we're giving pretty broad definitions to the term "Partner."

Exactly, Mr. Chemel....We don't want a broad definition.....narrow it down for us!!!!
Old May 14, 2001, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Post deleted same info in one regarding Calypso below, trouble last night in posting
on Flyertalk.
Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 05-15-2001).]
Old May 14, 2001, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone noticed that AAdvantage hasn't stopped by this thread after the intial two posts?
Old May 14, 2001, 6:51 pm
Original Member

Be careful on the Gift Certificates -- the only way I found to buy them would be from Eddiebauer.com. If that is the case, the page you launch from says that miles are awarded for "merchandise purchases" only. GCs are a form of payment, not a merchandise purchase.

--Jim
Old May 14, 2001, 6:57 pm
Original Member

[duplicate]

[This message has been edited by JIMBOLIGUY (edited 05-15-2001).]
Old May 14, 2001, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Post deleted since info was same a two others
which did not show up on board last night.
Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 05-15-2001).]
Old May 14, 2001, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Calypso might be just a service operation for the listed partners.
My wife ordered items from both Spiegel.com
and Petsmart.com and the miles posted in her AOLAdvantage account listed by each respective vendor.
Pity the order was made in April before the current promo. Miles took about 3 weeks to post, consequently I am pretty certain that those a least are considered separate and valid partners for the 20 to 20K program.
Mike
Old May 15, 2001, 7:56 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally posted by bedelman:
As I understand it, we're all still uncertain re which AOLAAdvantage partners will count distinctly towards the 20 required for this promotion, and which will all be lumped together.
You're right on that one. Yesterday I placed a call to AAdvantage for clarification. No one could answer the question - so they said that they would research this with the promotions department and call me back.

Well, this morning I received a call back and was advised that ANY order place thru AOLAADVANTAGE would only count a 1 transaction, regardless of how many partners that you buy from via the site.

I think that this info was wrong, however.

At least I hope so, bacause I've already completed my AOLAADVANTAGE shopping.

For anyone interested in a cheap OfficeMax deal - there is a $ 1.57 Bic pen with a $1.57
mail in rebate - which brings the cost down to zero. Unfortunately, there's a $ 5.00 delivery fee.
Old May 15, 2001, 10:16 am
BJJ

Hello All. This AA 20K bonus is looking like it may be doable. I've seen reference to a Flyertalk chat with Bruce Chemel on 5/10/01. I've also seen some reference that made me believe there is a transcript of it somewhere. Could somebody give me a link? And who IS Bruce Chemel? Are his comments in the chat "official"?
Old May 15, 2001, 10:22 am

Programs: 1MM UA
To answer the last two, BJJ, the chat is here
http://www.flyertalk.com/transcripts/051001.html

and he says

"Earn miles by using 5 different AOLAADVANTAGE partners: Counts
as 5 partners. BUT if you earn miles from AOL Opinion Place AND AOL Quick Check Out, it counts as one partner, namely AOL." which if correct (he is president and even some things that George Bush says are right) shows that tvl4free probably got some bum information.
Old May 15, 2001, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I earned a 500 mile award check by purchasing a case of wine from Murray's liquors in Newton. He is participiating in the Advantage Incentive Miles program (AIM). Do these miles count as a partner?
Old May 15, 2001, 10:50 am

Originally posted by sosafan:

and he says
"Earn miles by using 5 different AOLAADVANTAGE partners: Counts
as 5 partners.

BUT WHAT IS A PARTNER????????????????
Office Max claims that they are NOT a partner. Calypso may rep them, but Calypso even said THEY don't know their role in all of this and suggested I contact AA for clarification......talk about a runaround. The most frustrating statement is when Mr. Chemel says WE are making this difficult!
I would like to think that Office Max, Eddie Bauer, Chefscatalog, and Spiegel would be four distinct credits, but I would hate to ASSUME anything. The real problem is that when (if) we get an answer it conflicts with an answer that someone else was given.
Old May 15, 2001, 10:58 am

Originally posted by bollar:
It's always a treat to have someone from AA come by and give us the real information. I hope that you're able to stick around!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
That was a funny!
(laughing with you.......not at you)

Old May 15, 2001, 12:07 pm
BJJ

What's the deal with VehiclesOnline.com? I see there is a 400 point offer, and a 500 point offer. I tried for the 400 point offer, because the 500 looked like it was restricted to a certain group (AOL users???). If I can manage to get these miles, would that count as a partner??? Anyway, I tried every make and model car I could think of, and only got the following message:
At this time we do not have a CHEVROLET dealer in the VehiclesOnline.com database. Please check back as we are constantly adding dealers. You may also click here to select another make.
Suggestions???????
Old May 15, 2001, 12:10 pm

I have ordered from OfficeMax through AOLAAdvantage since February and the miles have always posted as "OFFICEMAX MILES".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.