Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost bag help needed

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Lost bag help needed

Greetings! I couldn't find another part of the forum to post this in so I am hoping some resourceful American Airlines customers can lend some assistance. I am asking for my family member ....they flew into JFK and their luggage didn't make it from London. The airline has been sending updates about where luggage might or might not be for 2 days now. Finally it has turned up at JFK. The problem is the address they keep giving online as delivery address is incorrect since this is 2 days later. The bigger problem is that (although I know in the future we won't be checking this into baggage) some important cancer medications are in that luggage and she needs them. We have not been able to contact a human being to confirm that the luggage will be delivered to our home where they are staying 75 miles north of the airport....

Any ideas on how to contact a real person?
Thank you,
-M
Old May 22, 2013, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by serenediver
Greetings! I couldn't find another part of the forum to post this in so I am hoping some resourceful American Airlines customers can lend some assistance. I am asking for my family member ....they flew into JFK and their luggage didn't make it from London. The airline has been sending updates about where luggage might or might not be for 2 days now. Finally it has turned up at JFK. The problem is the address they keep giving online as delivery address is incorrect since this is 2 days later. The bigger pro blem is that (although I know in the future we won't be checking this into baggage) some important cancer medications are in that luggage and she needs them. We have not been able to contact a human being to confirm that the luggage will be delivered to our home where they are staying 75 miles north of the airport....

Thank you,
-M
Have you tried Twitter @AmericanAir?
Old May 22, 2013, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Call AA customer service and start with the cancer medication issue.

As a caution to others: do not ever put anything valuable, including medication, in checked luggage. Please remember, that many medications cannot be kept too hot or too cold. But, luggage can sit out in the sun baking or in sub-zero temperatures depending on where it winds up and the season.
Old May 23, 2013, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serenediver
Greetings! I couldn't find another part of the forum to post this in so I am hoping some resourceful American Airlines customers can lend some assistance. I am asking for my family member ....they flew into JFK and their luggage didn't make it from London. The airline has been sending updates about where luggage might or might not be for 2 days now. Finally it has turned up at JFK. The problem is the address they keep giving online as delivery address is incorrect since this is 2 days later. The bigger problem is that (although I know in the future we won't be checking this into baggage) some important cancer medications are in that luggage and she needs them. We have not been able to contact a human being to confirm that the luggage will be delivered to our home where they are staying 75 miles north of the airport....

Thank you,
-M
Here's my thought: IT'S A CANCER MEDICATION!! Somebody should drive the 75 miles to get it. I would tell them not to deliver it anywhere, I will be there in two hours to get it. If, when I get there, they delivered it anyway, I would go to where they delivered it and get it. It shouldn't happen this way, but this is way more important to you than it ever will be to anyone in AA's baggage department. Go get it. Now.
Old May 23, 2013, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by gemac
Here's my thought: IT'S A CANCER MEDICATION!! Somebody should drive the 75 miles to get it.
IT'S CANCER MEDICATION. The cancer patient might not be able to drive 75 miles to get it.
Old May 23, 2013, 4:38 am

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
Someone may need to go to JFK. What's not mentioned is the bag had to clear customs. Depending on how things are labeled - US Customs may have certain items that you need - or they may not. Having the bag delivered without key items doesn't seem to solve the big problem. Lots of ways to get to JFK -
Old May 23, 2013, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AH-64D
IT'S CANCER MEDICATION. The cancer patient might not be able to drive 75 miles to get it.
Reading comprehension is difficult. I sais somebody should drive 75 miles to get it. That person does not have to be the cancer patient. The OP is concerned enough to post here and ask for suggestions. My suggestion is that the OP be concerned enough to drive to get this, or perhaps the spouse of the cancer patient might be that concerned, or the OP's spouse.
Old May 23, 2013, 1:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
So suffice it to say:

Call AA. Tell them the situation.

If possible, offer to drive to JFK to get it if they, in fact, have the bag.

As always, get the name of who you spoke to and time of the call and jot it down (just a good CYA measure).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.