Does anyone know what an AA "Winback" is?

Old May 23, 2013, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by aktchi
Is there a way to find that out?
Ask.
I'm not saying all agents will tell you, but some might... I've had discussion of Eagles on calls with agents in the past.
Old May 23, 2013, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
This snippet is from the foreword of a Google Book entitled: Customer Winback: how to recapture lost customers and keep them loyal by Jill Griffin and Michael W. Lowenstein:

American Airlines recognizes the importance of valuable customers. The company monitors these customers so that in the event their business trails off, American can initiate a phone call to them through its WinBAAck program. Relationship managers talk to .....

.... and there the paragraph cuts off. IMO I think it's apparent what the program is.

The OP states that he/she is making progress to another year of EXP - maybe he/she has changed patterns or has gone from high value to deep discount tickets. Or maybe OP lives in a city that AA is particularly focused on?
Old May 25, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
What is an eagle?

What is an eagle?
Old May 25, 2013, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by AA Flyer
What is an eagle?
If we told you, we'd have to kill you ...
Old May 25, 2013, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
WINdoze as a BACK-end platform?
Old May 26, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
what is an eagle?

Originally Posted by vasantn
If we told you, we'd have to kill you ...
Funny .. but not very helpful, nor informative.
Old May 26, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
search is your friend= here is a start on Eagles

What is an eagle?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post18305872

Also, got the "call" in March how we haven't been flying as much blah blah. Also got a missed call last week from the EXP number and no agent knew what it was about including customer service.
Old May 26, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Funny .. but not very helpful, nor informative.
There are a number of posts referring to an internal rating system of high value (or perhaps any value) customers utilizing a number of eagles, the more the better I believe.
Old May 27, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by george 3
There are a number of posts referring to an internal rating system of high value (or perhaps any value) customers utilizing a number of eagles, the more the better I believe.
Dupe

Last edited by bbkenney; May 27, 2013 at 4:17 pm
Old May 27, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by george 3
Never talk of Eagles ratings. Seriously, I know that's not helpful but I am concerned that discussing non-documented benefits/programs or programs that may have once existed and possibly leave certain "grandfathered" benefits, might not be wise. The term "off the radar" comes to mind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.