Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum use of Admirals Club

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2001, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Platinum use of Admirals Club

It was my understanding that Plat members are allowed access to Admirals Clubs on day of departure internationally. I've visited one in the past, and I believe I've read postings to that effect on these boards.

Today an EXP Cust Serv rep (my call was routed to her b/c of overflow volumes on Plat) told me that non-AC members can only use the facilities if flying BUSINESS or FIRST.

What is the deal? Can Platinum's use AC's, or only if I am in Bus or First? This is quite an unpleasant surprise, since I am taking a rare int'l trip next week.

Thanks for the response.

Old Jun 8, 2001, 11:40 am

Platinum members who are flying internationally (except to/from Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean) are allowed to use Admirals Clubs even when flying Economy Class.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 11:56 am

Programs: UA/1K, DL/PM, AA/PLT, NW/SLV; SW/PLT, HH/DIA
Any person who's traveling in Biz or FC can use the AAdmiral's club.

Additionally, and PLT or EXP can use the AAdmirals club on day of int'l travel regardless of class of service being flown.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 12:29 pm

She gave you incorrect information. You can use it.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 12:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by millionmiler:

She gave you incorrect information. You can use it.
</font>

And this person was from the EXP Desk!
Old Jun 8, 2001, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by 2 Many Miles:
Any person who's traveling in Biz or FC can use the AAdmiral's club.</font>
Within the N. Amer "domestic zone" or are you referring to intl only?

FewMiles..

------------------
FlyerTalkers' Resources on the Web: http://fewmiles.tripod.com/
Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage: http://fewmiles.tripod.com/AA/
Unofficial oneworld Info Desk: http://fewmiles.tripod.com/oneworld/
Old Jun 8, 2001, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA/1K, DL/PM, AA/PLT, NW/SLV; SW/PLT, HH/DIA
FewMiles --

Thanks for the catch. I should have said anyone who's traveling outside of the N. American zone in FC or Biz can use the approrpriate clubs on day of travel.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 6:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
in fact a question I have been thinking about is...in all the oneworld materials that I saw, they only mention "on an international itinerary" or "traveling internationally"...but I never/seldom saw something like "same-day internationally" (as in the case for UA/Star where they state clearly)...

does the international portion has to be on the same day in order for me to get access to the AC during my domestic connection ?? if so, is there anywhere I can find a reference to this rule ?? that makes a big difference for me (who don't live in US) as all of my itineraries are "international itineraries" anyway, just that sometimes I might stopover, say, in SFO for a day or two before going on to my final destination in JFK, for example...

thanks...
Old Jun 8, 2001, 6:24 pm

It does acording to a jobsworth desk clerk in DFW a couple of months ago.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">does the international portion has to be on the same day in order for me to get access to the AC during my domestic connection </font>

------------------
Nick Thompson
Old Jun 8, 2001, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
tedhl, what about your MPO status? That'll get you into the AC any day you are flying with a oneworld carrier. Just use your CX credentials to get in instead of your AA card.

FewMiles..
Old Jun 9, 2001, 12:00 am
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
FewMiles, you are absolutely right...but this year I don't think I want to renew my MPO Gold...instead I'd rather concentrate and aim for AA EXP...that's why I was asking...
Old Jun 14, 2001, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Will a Business Class ticket and Platinum get you into a Flagship lounge on international travel? Alfred--
Old Jun 14, 2001, 6:34 pm

AFAIK, Flagship Lounge entry is only for EXPs and those flying on First/Premium classes.
Old Jun 14, 2001, 9:45 pm

Explat, I understand what you're thinking -- that since a Plt on a International J ticket is entitled to go into the AC two different ways (by virtue of being Plt flying International, and by virtue of being in International J), it seems "only fair" that you be able to trade these joint & seemingly separate benefits for Flagship Lounge access. (Or maybe for bringing in more guests to the AC?)

Unfortunately it just doesn't work this way, and ground staff have never been willing to negotiate with me on this point in the past. I did suggest it via the Contact Us link on aa.com... maybe if enough more people do, they'll see the light.

(On the other hand, though, it sure is awesome how empty & relaxing the Flagship Lounges are in general. Wouldn't want to damage that too much... and I suspect there are a ton of Plts in J on a given day... me, for example, in general!)
Old Jun 14, 2001, 9:52 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Is Panama City considered international for an EXP at the flagship lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.