Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Friend] Locked in AA Admirals Club

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by allenh91801
She's looking for attention.
If she was looking for attention, we'd be reading about this on the news. It's hard to argue that this isn't an interesting Facebook status update. But who are the 20 people who liked her being locked in? Time for her to edit her friends list.

Though I would have tweeted @AmericanAir prior to posting on Facebook.
Old May 12, 2013, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I'm with JDiver. The AAngels know who has come in to their club and keep a count going all day long. All areas are completely checked before closing for the night.
Old May 12, 2013, 10:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
No worries, mate. We're not sending the messenger home on a shield with a spear sticking out of the torso. Not only that, you're given us some food for thought - even if it is Admirals Club food.

It is registering dangerously high levels on my meter...

Originally Posted by averycampbell
I'm just reposting what she posted.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
The AAngels know who has come in to their club and keep a count going all day long.
You're logged in, but they don't log you out.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:20 am

That's harsh - ACs only have fruit fly infestations, not roaches - I think.

Originally Posted by SJOGuy
You're logged in, but they don't log you out.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: AA PLT; SPG PLT
I hate when stupid facebook drama leaks onto useful parts of the Internet.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Well, even if they had closed the club during her shower, I doubt all personnel would have immediately left in the 20 mins or so she was in there. Surely, someone would still be in the club cleaning or preparing for the next day. I agree, her story doesn't add up. Someone was just looking for something sensational to post on their FB.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:26 am

That's why the various bits are contained in separate threads; then we can pick and choose (probably, in my case, I can be less choosy than you).

Originally Posted by andreirublev
I hate when stupid facebook drama leaks onto useful parts of the Internet.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:40 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
[U][B]what compensation do you think she deserves?
I just love such posts that have to include the request for compensation. Assuming the post is true, how about accepting someone simply saying "sorry" and moving on?
Old May 12, 2013, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Not to defend AC or the OP's friend, but when I worked in a restaurant on the closing shift, we would do all we could during open hours to reduce the need to stay late. The game was to find out just how early we could get out. Now leaving someone inside by mistake would be more than just a few penalty points!

Also, at another job, I was always amazed how many people would not make use the the emergency exits during an evacuation drill. They would bunch up at the normal exits trying to get out when right next to that was a double set of exits. I'd pop the emergency exits and let security deal with resetting them after the drill. The stated purpose of the drill was to see how long it took to empty the buildings, so ALL exits are fair game. My point here is her description of the emergency exits being locked may mean armed and she didn't want to set them off. Also, since some of those exits may lead onto the tarmac, I'd think twice about using them too.

Yes, there are many suspicious details here, almost too bizarre to be fake.

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
I'm with JDiver. Call me skeptical+.

Based on my experience with the AC, as well as JAL, BA, and CX, this ranks, IMHO, as an almost impossible, highly unlikely, and almost unbelievable situation.

My "baloney meter" is dangerously close to the danger zone.
Originally Posted by JDiver
No worries, mate. We're not sending the messenger home on a shield with a spear sticking out of the torso. Not only that, you're given us some food for thought - even if it is Admirals Club food.

It is registering dangerously high levels on my meter...

1. I feel that OP's friend requires (pick all that apply):

A. A different kind of shower http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmBa2S_5QEU
B. A reality check... frequently...professionally administered
C. A closed Facebook account
D. More adult supervision
E. A life
F. A support animal
G. No access to automatic weapons or pressure cookers
H. A greater sense of "It's NOT all about me", instead of an inflated case of the opposite.
I. ______________ (insert suggestion here)

2. I used "baloney meter earlier to avoid redaction

3. I have upgraded ( and who here doesn't just love an upgrade? ^) to JDiver's "meter".
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
This did not happen to me. Rather, one of my friends posted this event on her Facebook.

Was taking a shower in the AA Club. Took a rather long time in there, and when she came out, the entire club was empty. All doors, including the emergency exit were locked. She banged on the glass door to passerbyers, who all said sorry they didn't have a key. Eventually got a hold of AA, who then called airport security. She was in there for awhile.
That must have been quite a shower. When I have asked for a key to a shower anywhere close to closing time (like within an hour), I have been told when the club closes, so say she started the shower around 2 hours before closing time if she didn't get a heads-up. Then, as others have said, there would be someone in the club for an hour or so after, so we are talking about a three hour shower. As others have indicated, the BS meter is pegged.
Old May 12, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
This is a true story. I read it on the internet.
Old May 12, 2013, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enough
Sadly, I too am realizing the holes in her story...
Old May 12, 2013, 12:31 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Frankly I'm puzzled by all the skepticism. What more proof do you need, other than "it was posted on Facebook"? Does Facebook even allow bogus stories?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.