Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA-CUN F class

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone been on MIA-CUN first class? Any breakfast on this route on the first flight out?

BTW, the website doesn't show anything under "Meals"

Last edited by JY1024; May 7, 2013 at 1:32 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old May 6, 2013, 8:27 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tonytifao
Has anyone been on MIA-CUN first class? Any breakfast on this route on the first flight out?
AA does not operate First Class on the MIA-CUN flights.

And in Business Class - no food.
Old May 6, 2013, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNL
AA does not operate First Class on the MIA-CUN flights.

And in Business Class - no food.
You know what I meant

Damn, MIA really lacks breakfast options. It's hard to get a TOASTED bagel in the morning
Old May 6, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: Centurion, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, US Plat Pref, AA Gold, Hertz Plat, Avis Presidents Club
Thats a really short flight. Hope its on upgrade. Kinda not worth the expense
Old May 6, 2013, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by jpginmiami
Because the front cabin is sold as Business (instead of First), a one-way can be had for only 9,000 BA Avios, or 7,000 Amex MR points with the current transfer bonus. Of course, Coach can be had for merely half those amounts.

"SAAver" award seats only for Avios redemptions.
Old May 6, 2013, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpginmiami
Worth is all relative, my friend. OP could be a billionaire who downgraded from a private jet...but then maybe not
Old May 6, 2013, 10:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You mean Business Class, of course. At 1:40 in the air, no breakfast is likely. Better - get something on the ground prior to flight.

Old May 7, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM+, A3 GLD
If you are lucky, you may get warm nuts... don't expect anything else.

OTOH, MIA's lack of bagel toasters is it's own way to push you to try cuban pastries and cafe con leche
Old May 7, 2013, 8:33 am
Original Poster

This was an upgrade, didn't purchase first on this route.

I was just in MIA in the morning and all places only had cuban pastries and no bacon/egg sandwiches, at least north of D33
Old May 7, 2013, 7:16 pm

I was just in MIA in the morning and all places only had cuban pastries and no bacon/egg sandwiches, at least north of D33
Not surprised as very very few on this board pay for J (though you would think most of them do based on their comments.)
Old May 7, 2013, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am

Nothing wrong with starting the day with an empanada! Or perhaps get your blood sugar to spike with an arequipe latte from Juan Valdez Cafe.

Originally Posted by NauticalWheeler
Not surprised as very very few on this board pay for J (though you would think most of them do based on their comments.)
And this assertion is based on what, exactly? I'm sure many on this board pay for F/J.

Doubt that too many people pay for J in the MIA-CUN local market (very short flight) but why wouldn't people buy J on all those XXX-MIA-CUN flow O&Ds?

Last time I looked at pricing to CUN from my city (DFW) the going rate in the J cabin was a small enough spread over the going fares in Y to make it attractive.

DFW-CUN, being a longer flight than MIA-CUN, has meal service up front, by the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.