Any double dipping for 1-800-Flowers???

Old May 10, 01, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Any double dipping for 1-800-Flowers???

I want to send flowers as one of the 20 partners of AA. Is there any web-site where you would get something else by sending flowers from 1-800-flowers through them like clickrewards or greenpoints. Both of those don't seem to have 1-800-Flowers.

------------------
DtG
Old May 10, 01, 7:01 am
Original Member

I have found that it is extremely difficult to double dip on 1-800 flowers. The only place I have found some benefit is on the rebate sites (spree.com, I think ebates.com and maybe one or two others).

I usually use http://www.valueconsumer.com before I shop to ensure I get the best deal.

--Jim
Old May 10, 01, 8:35 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
JIMBOLIGUY,

Did you actually get AA FF credit by using the above mentioned link?

I tried it but didn't reach any prompts for entering the FF number. Maybe that info is requested after one's cc no. is entered...???
Old May 10, 01, 10:02 am

Programs: CO AA
I don't think you'll have luck w/a double dip on that one. If you do send flower via Click Reward is specifically states "miles earned for this transaction may not be used for AA awards". It appears the 1-800-flowers for AA is an exclusive. But, I did it anyway. 10 points per mile for Mother's day means I picked up 1000 miles for the $100 gift....too bad it didn't apply to the $28.50 in shipping.
Old May 10, 01, 10:24 am
SST

Yeah: $28.50 in shipping!!!! Outrageous. This is the biggest ripoff in years.

It's a good thing we're focusing on the 20,000 mile bonus here, isn't it? Otherwise, I find hardly any reason to use these flower services, since the difference in total cost between them and just calling up a local florist is obscene. Think about it. [I note with some dissatisfaction that I too got dear old Mom some roses at a total cost about double what I'd have spent if I called up her local florist].
Old May 12, 01, 8:12 am
Original Poster

So, do you order through the 1-800-flowers web-site to get AA credit? Anybody have any promotional codes that give extra miles? At click Rewards do they not ask what the AA FF# is? It shouldn't be so hard to send flowers!

------------------
DtG
Old May 12, 01, 9:41 am

I just used the link at the top of the "AAdvantage Member Guide" page on aa.com. While I paid a bit of a premium, there are some choices with reasonable shipment prices (I only paid $7.99 for next day delivery). Look for arrangements that can be delivered by local florists rather than FedEx.
Old May 12, 01, 11:50 am
Original Member

WHen you place your order, towards the end of the process, the system will ask you for a Promotional Code - use ADV and below that it asks you for your Partner ID -- enter your Advantage Number there.

--Jim
Old May 12, 01, 7:28 pm

Originally posted by bstee:
10 points per mile for Mother's day means I picked up 1000 miles for the $100 gift....too bad it didn't apply to the $28.50 in shipping.
I got the 1000 miles, too, but another way.

Bought the special American Airlines "French Countryside" boquet which was offered with a 100 mile bonus promotion if purchased between 4/18 and this past Wed., 5/9. (100 miles)

Cost of boquet $79.99 (have to figure 800 miles here)

Having status in AAdvantage: Being a "Limited Gold" member - it's a long story, simply was mailed what is in effect a Gold Challenge, with a temporary Gold membership to boot, while I'm doing the Challenge - that brings a bonus. PLT and EXP also receive sizeable bonuses with every purchase. (100 miles for Gold status)

All that for doing something I normally do for Mom every year!

Although - I specified delivery for today, and they haven't arrived yet. Time to get on someone's case. LOL

Studley

Old May 12, 01, 10:45 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I bought flowers one time on 800-flowers. I received an additional 300 miles for EXP on a separate entry. Would this count for two partners?
Old May 13, 01, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Yes, elites get extra miles - 100 for gold, 200 for platinum, 300 for exp. I think this will count as one with the purchase price (10x$1) since it is all from 1-800-flowers. This is for my aunt and it won't be delivered until Wednesday.

------------------
DtG
Old May 13, 01, 10:32 am

1-800-flowers, they are an odd bunch to deal with. Went thru E-bates and ordered chocolate for Mothers day. They were going to my Mom-in-law in NY. Everything was fine. That was this past Wed. Thurs. morning I get an email from them saying they did not have the item. Called them and they said they did not have any chocolate to ship. Ran out of the house, with 2-year old under my arm, went to the drugstore, got a 1 lb. box of chocolate and Priority Mailed it at the post office. Cost 1/5 of the charge from 1-800-flowers. That afternoon I got an email offering me a chocolate exchange they found, would I want it? Emailed them that I took care of it and wasn't interested. Sat. get confirmation of delivery in an email. Call them up, tell them I have a copy of my email to them saying I wasn't interested. They ask me if they should go get their chocolates from mom-in-law, or should I. I tell them, in my most frightning tone, that I am not driving 2 1/2 hours to Mom-in-law's and ripping chocolates out of her hand and neither are they and I'm certainly not paying, they say they will cancel my bill. The kicker is their chocolate had come melted into nothing, my mailed box came in perfect condition. Go figure.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: