Search

Codeshare Mileage Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013, 7:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
Codeshare Mileage Question

One question: I flew Air Berlin to Austria recently. I realize that the amount of miles I get on Air Berlin is puny (25%), but I was under the impression if it was an actual American Airlines flight, I would get the miles for what American Airlines offers.

I'm looking at my AAdvantage account and I see I earned a "whopping" 436 miles flying economy on an actual American Airlines flight from Chicago to LAX on an Air Berlin flight number. Is that correct?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The flight was operated by American marketed as an airberlin flight; you say you flew on an AB codeshare from ORD to LAX. If so, you earn as if you were flying on airberlin.

If you had done this in reverse - flown AA and flown airberlin as AA, you would have earned 100% of the Base and Elite Qualifying Miles. As things are, you earned what you signed up for.

Originally Posted by burgerwars
One question: I flew Air Berlin to Austria recently. I realize that the amount of miles I get on Air Berlin is puny (25%), but I was under the impression if it was an actual American Airlines flight, I would get the miles for what American Airlines offers.

I'm looking at my AAdvantage account and I see I earned a "whopping" 436 miles flying economy on an actual American Airlines flight from Chicago to LAX on an Air Berlin flight number. Is that correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.