Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Cumulative C/Y 2013 Elite Rewards ELTA 3 (Registration required <link>)

Recover Your elite Rewards (requires signing in) link NOTE: ELTA Rewards must be claimed by midnight 28 Feb 2014.

"We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

Elite Rewards now offers four distinct milestones which are attainable throughout the year. The more you fly, the faster you'll reach the next level where you can choose one reward from each milestone for which you qualify. That's a total of up to four rewards. And now, you can qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points or segments.

. . . ● Milestone 1: 40,000 miles or points | 45 segments
. . . ● Milestone 2: 75,000 miles or points | 80 segments
. . . ● Milestone 3: 125,000 miles or points | 130 segments
. . . ● Milestone 4: 150,000 miles or points | 160 segments

To participate in Elite Rewards, simply register prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3." See the Mod Note in the OP for more.

Print Wikipost

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Likewise, though personally I doubt I'll ever be flying F exclusively and also have no time for awards .
I doubt that will happen for me, either.
(This might convince me to fly AA more TPAC if I can get the majority of my flying upgraded into J rather than wait for opup lottery which only gets me into Y+)
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:41 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by IMStill4Travel
Anyone else thinking this might all be to "soften the blow" that we are about to experience with the merger etc....? Oh well, at least we were KISSED before we were SCREWED!
^
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by workandski
My email says "For most promotions, activity that occurred prior...." But the explanation for this promotion on the AA website says that prior activity does count.
Thanks.^
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
That is exactly what I worry about. Too many eVIPs floating around the system are not good.

What makes you say that? The new planes have less premium seats than the old planes, and the new routes are few and far between...in 2012, AA turned on the evip spigot when they matched a ton of UA and DL fliers, so there is a precedent for expanding eVIP supply without capacity increases.

AA is really going for UA's jugular with this. Speaking for myself, I was going to fly quite a bit of UA this year starting in July. Now I am reconsidering...I can go over 200k on AA if necessary or I can split my flying. The decision just got much harder...
That's not true for A321s that will be used on transcontinental routes beginning 4Q 2014. There will be a higher proportion of premium seats than the 767 3 class aircraft.

As everyone's miles/points/segments pile up at the end of the year, watch the mile run derbies begin! I'm stoked about the opportunity to pick up more SWUs. My 8 + 2 + 2 have been used for family trips. I plan to selfishly save these for transcon upgrades to F on the new Airbuses. Thanks AA.

Last edited by george 3; Apr 23, 2013 at 7:28 pm
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by george 3
That's not true for A321s used on transcontinental routes. There will be a hire proportion of premium seats than the 767 3 class aircraft.
What matters is the total number of premium seats...and from what I understand, that number is going down. May not be much, but when you consider the i flux of new elites etc, then the odds are not favorable, IMo.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:27 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by mmjaysee
Is Global Entry Fee Sponsorship a joke? Isn't that $100? Who would choose that over 4 SWUs or Admirals Club Membership or 40K miles?

That was my immediate thought!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Dang, now I have a legitimate reason to shoot for another 16 segments to reach 130/milestone 3 this year and pick up an extra 60,000 miles for family travel...kudos AA!

(Or pick me three SWUs to enjoy when they ain't lookin)

Last edited by onesocalkid; Apr 23, 2013 at 7:36 pm
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
What matters is the total number of premium seats...and from what I understand, that number is going down. May not be much, but when you consider the i flux of new elites etc, then the odds are not favorable, IMo.
At one of the livery roll outs I was told that they are adding capacity on the transcontinental routes after retiring 767s in favor of A321s. Otherwise they will be flying fewer seats on very profitable routes.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's funny reading all the negative posts in this thread yet the UA and DL loyal have active threads where many of their elites long for UA and DL to match the program.

I've registered and looking forward to extra SWUs.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
All year long...

Originally Posted by XLR26
When I registered for the promo, the "Thank You for Registering" note contained the following: "Activity that occurred prior to registering for the promotion will not be included in qualifying for the bonus or incentive."

I'm going to assume that's in error, but who knows...
We want to thank you for flying the extra mile. That's why we've designed a new Elite Rewards program, where rewards are now attainable all year long. You can choose one reward at each of four distinct milestones, as soon you reach them. With up to 20 rewards to choose from, you'll find countless reasons to continue flying the
new American.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by FWAAA
It's funny reading all the negative posts in this thread yet the UA and DL loyal have active threads where many of their elites long for UA and DL to match the program.

I've registered and looking forward to extra SWUs.
That's because we have a lot of elites here who think that the margin for elite qualification should be moved up to at least 250k EQPs, or whatever point is 2% less than whatever they flew last year . Need to keep "all those" mileage running riff-raff away .
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA Plat, DL Silver, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by rxlawdude
The unspoken concern I have is that this telegraphs a new tier, at 125K miles.
The way my EXP upgrade rates are going on some routes, I would welcome a new tier at 125/150 with open arms.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
I'm wondering if the ability to "earn" the 40K benefit for existing PLT/EXP members in the new program was intentional or an oversight. As well the 75K benefit for EXPs. Of course the 40K benefit wouldn't be a serious consideration for the typical 125K EQM EXP.

I suspect we will find out in due course.

Happy wondering/wandering

Fred
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:10 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
I'm wondering if the ability to "earn" the 40K benefit for existing PLT/EXP members in the new program was intentional or an oversight. As well the 75K benefit for EXPs. Of course the 40K benefit wouldn't be a serious consideration for the typical 125K EQM EXP.

I suspect we will find out in due course.

Happy wondering/wandering

Fred
I am surprised by all of the comments like the above. I think the communication was extremely clear that they are intending to provide new/additional benefits all the way up the food chain. Is everyone so cynical?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by rxlawdude
The unspoken concern I have is that this telegraphs a new tier, at 125K miles.
Actually what I'm reading into this is that they are setting up a new tier at 75K. It is now possible to earn a SWU while just qualifying as a platinum by flying 75K miles. PLT's with SWU's? Am I the only one that caught this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.