Wiki Posts
Search

AA Anounces ORD E175 Destinations for Republic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata

Beginning Sunday, April 14, customers can book flights on routes operated with new Embraer 175 aircraft on regional service between Chicago O'Hare (ORD) and Albuquerque (ABQ), New Orleans (MSY) and Pittsburgh (PIT). The flights will be available for travel starting Aug. 1. Effective Aug. 27, service from ORD on the E175s will expand to Kansas City (MCI), Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP), Toronto, Canada (YYZ), and Washington Reagan National (DCA). And on Oct. 1, service will further expand from ORD to Houston Intercontinental (IAH), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Salt Lake City (SLC) and San Antonio (SAT). As previously announced, the aircraft are operating under a 12-year capacity purchase agreement with Republic Airline Inc. to provide large regional jet flying for American under the American Eagle brand.

Very pleased to see this, especially as I work at IAH. We need larger jets for our Chicago services. Great news! This will definitely fill a gap at AA.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by BA0197
Beginning Sunday, April 14, customers can book flights on routes operated with new Embraer 175 aircraft on regional service between Chicago O'Hare (ORD) and Albuquerque (ABQ), New Orleans (MSY) and Pittsburgh (PIT). The flights will be available for travel starting Aug. 1. Effective Aug. 27, service from ORD on the E175s will expand to Kansas City (MCI), Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP), Toronto, Canada (YYZ), and Washington Reagan National (DCA). And on Oct. 1, service will further expand from ORD to Houston Intercontinental (IAH), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Salt Lake City (SLC) and San Antonio (SAT). As previously announced, the aircraft are operating under a 12-year capacity purchase agreement with Republic Airline Inc. to provide large regional jet flying for American under the American Eagle brand.

Very pleased to see this, especially as I work at IAH. We need larger jets for our Chicago services. Great news! This will definitely fill a gap at AA.
As expected, a lot of the old F-100 routes out of ORD. It's been a gap for sometime now.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:06 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Between getting the E175 on ORD-PIT and the new LAX service, PIT is getting some AA love. More reasons to retain the now-underused US Airways Club.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone have the seat specs for this equipment (seat width, pitch, recline)? If it's like the ones in Europe in Y it's more comfortable than a 738.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by hillrider
Does anyone have the seat specs for this equipment (seat width, pitch, recline)? If it's like the ones in Europe in Y it's more comfortable than a 738.
It seems the seat width would certainly be better. Here's Delta's config:
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...er_ERJ-175.php
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by hillrider
I've flown E170-195 on AC, B6, G7 (UAX/DL connection) and it is a very comfortable aircraft much better than CRJ-700/900. I'm more curious what the configuration of Y/MCE/F will be. I imagine AA will go 12F like CR7
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Glad to see them coming to MCI (hopefully they'll replace the 145s )

Seat-wise, I am a big fan of the first Y seat behind F on the a/c that don't have a floor-ceiling bulkhead. IME, the Shuttle America birds allow the person in the window seat to use the storage space under the last F seat, and this is also a great seat if you are 6'+
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Also, all CR7s will now be based at New York (Kennedy) starting on the new winter schedule. So Chicago will have Republic flying E175s on behalf of AE and AE will continue to operate CR2s at Chicago.

A319s to be based at DFW.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Will the E175s have MCE?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD

No love for CMH
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, all CR7s will now be based at New York (Kennedy) starting on the new winter schedule. So Chicago will have Republic flying E175s on behalf of AE and AE will continue to operate CR2s at Chicago.

JFK may be all CR7s, but not all CR7s will be based at JFK. AA has 47 CR7s, and that's far more than necessary to operate the JFK Eagle schedule, unless it expands several-fold. Perhaps LGA will also be all-CR7 as well?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Are you sure? They have approx 33 CR7s based in ORD. No way they can all be based in JFK. The JFK and LAX birds are all ORD based.

Also AE operates ERJ 140/145s in ORD.

Originally Posted by BA0197:20577422

Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

I'm guessing that means no more CR7s out of LAX?

Any clue on the A319 routes ex-DFW? Guessing maybe some of the smaller, but longer routes like DFW-BDL?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
I've flown E170-195 on AC, B6, G7 (UAX/DL connection) and it is a very comfortable aircraft
The AC version is great, partly because it had seat-back video and at least 33" of pitch in Y (throughout Y). I assume AA will at least offer extra legroom in MCE. But no matter how you cut it, it's a huge upgrade over the ERJs (135/145) and CRJs.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Does anyone know if the E175's have ovens or will the food service in F continue to be all cold like it is on the CR7's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.