Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Anounces ORD E175 Destinations for Republic

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
After flying the E175 again this week (and enjoying it), I happen to think that Row 1 is the best of the F seats. The extra leg room over the other rows is noticeable.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
E175

Hi!

I had booked a mainline flight EWR-ORD a few months ago, and then found out that all of the flights had been switched to the E175s. I wasn't very pleased with the switch.

Last week, I made the trip to and from Chicago on the E175. On the way to, I had coach and the way back First. Both seats were very close to mainline- not like my previous ERJ experiences.

My only gripe was the flight attendants (not all, just some). There is more of an economy airline feel to the service. For example, the FA badgered passengers about making sure that that the phones were on flight safe mode- also re-arranged FC overhead luggage significantly to fit more coach bags- including taking coats down out of overheads and having FC passengers hold on to them for fifteen minutes. No PDB !!!!!

I liked the planes, but to be honest, the service was not up to the mainline crew.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:51 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by handspring088
Hi!

I had booked a mainline flight EWR-ORD a few months ago, ...
There has not been AA Mainline on ORD-EWR-ORD in years!
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
I flew on my first E175 (albeit US) STL-PHL in Y. ^ I can tolerate the E140 batch for about 90 minutes before I start hurting. Even the extra 30 minutes fight time due to *stiff* headwinds didn't make me hurt. Here's hoping some get deployed on STL intermediate routes. Awaiting my first CR7 experience in a week.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HNL
There has not been AA Mainline on ORD-EWR-ORD in years!
You're right! I had booked this as PHL-ORD, but then the one mainline flight was switched to the newer regional jets. So, I re-booked it for EWR.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
First flight on a E175 today to IAH. Does anyone have an update on wi-fi installation on these planes? It was advertised as being available when these were first deployed but IIRC it is not yet active/installed. Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by akarneboge
First flight on a E175 today to IAH. Does anyone have an update on wi-fi installation on these planes? It was advertised as being available when these were first deployed but IIRC it is not yet active/installed. Thanks!
From what I've heard, it's the operating carrier (Republic) that needs to get the equipment and certification, not sure if that's true. Try Twitter w/ AA and ask them....they may give you a solid answer.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:48 pm

I heard from a Republic FA that the AE union wouldn't allow it because Envoy's planes didn't have it. Take that info with an entire salt lick.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I wrote AA about a year ago about wifi on these planes and just got a "we are studying it" response. Pathetic it needs to be "studied" when they are flying these planes between NYC/EWR and Chicago of all places, and much longer distances. Unacceptable these days for an airline aimed at appealing to business travelers.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I wrote AA about a year ago about wifi on these planes and just got a "we are studying it" response. Pathetic it needs to be "studied" when they are flying these planes between NYC/EWR and Chicago of all places, and much longer distances. Unacceptable these days for an airline aimed at appealing to business travelers.
Tack on a city like Houston (2+ hr flight) and being disconnected when I'm used to it now on mainline is equally unacceptable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.