Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A new thread?-Pictures of gate lice, bad behaviour, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
A new thread?-Pictures of gate lice, bad behaviour, etc.

I was flying DFW-AUS this week, cleared Global Entry with "LLL", and was walking to the AC. As I passed my gate 30 minutes prior to boarding, I noticed a PAX at the front of Priority Access, and I mean the front. So I thought "Maybe my FT'ers would find this behaviour funny/normal/etc.. As I stopped to pull out my phone to take a picture, he started clipping his nails! Thank the gods that it was only his fingers! I got the shot, but now wonder: A. If there is an interest here in AA gate lice and/or aberrent behaviour thread, such as "Celebrity Sightings", et al., and B. Does it violate TOS?

Curious minds want to know!

(P.S. I ended up sitting next to the guy. He was indeed 1st on, in F, and took 3 minutes to put his bag up after pulling out what he would need for the flight out of his luggage. With me right behind him, he sat right down, belted himself in, and I had to climb over him to get my seat , even after saying "Excuse me.". )
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
My own thoughts on this are, no, I wouldn't follow such a thread. We all see enough bad behavior from fellow passengers when we fly. I personally don't need to be reminded of it with a photo.

I can't believe it wouldn't be an FT violation too, to say nothing of intruding on the privacy of strangers.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
I was flying DFW-AUS this week, cleared Global Entry with "LLL", and was walking to the AC.
You cleared Global Entry with LLL? I'm guessing you meant to say PreCheck?

As I passed my gate 30 minutes prior to boarding, I noticed a PAX at the front of Priority Access, and I mean the front. So I thought "Maybe my FT'ers would find this behaviour funny/normal/etc.. As I stopped to pull out my phone to take a picture, he started clipping his nails! Thank the gods that it was only his fingers! I got the shot, but now wonder: A. If there is an interest here in AA gate lice and/or aberrent behaviour thread, such as "Celebrity Sightings", et al., and B. Does it violate TOS?
As long as it is not offensive. I do not find nail clipping to be offensive. Would I do it in public? No. But I don't think it is like changing a baby or putting one's smelly feet up on the bulkhead.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
No thank you, we seen plenty of them.
Go Niners!
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I've become amused and at times annoyed by it all. Want to know why our country is falling behind, just go to an airport and look at people.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I've become amused and at times annoyed by it all. Want to know why our country is falling behind, just go to an airport and look at people.
But some of those people could be from other countries. It is an airport, after all.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by ESpen36
You cleared Global Entry with LLL? I'm guessing you meant to say PreCheck?

As long as it is not offensive. I do not find nail clipping to be offensive. Would I do it in public? No. But I don't think it is like changing a baby or putting one's smelly feet up on the bulkhead.
I stand corrected-PreCheck. Thank you.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by SJOGuy
...to say nothing of intruding on the privacy of strangers.
Clipping one's nails at the gate in public, while not a great thing to do, affronts a small number of people at a particular time, and does not deserve be punished with worldwide public ridicule in perpetuity via a post on the Internet.

Look, I doubt any one of us exhibits exemplary public behavior at all times. Would you want your momentary lapses publicized for all time?
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by SJOGuy
I can't believe it wouldn't be an FT violation too, to say nothing of intruding on the privacy of strangers.
The Delta forum have a robust interest in posting pics of Gate Lice since 2010:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ce-coming.html

Since this is also becoming increasingly common on AA, I don't see why we shouldn't have our own thread for such.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by ESpen36
I do not find nail clipping to be offensive. Would I do it in public? No. But I don't think it is like changing a baby or putting one's smelly feet up on the bulkhead.
I've been known to pull out a nail file for emergency repairs if I break a nail while in transit. Hopefully it hasn't offended anyone too badly.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 12:30 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I wish I had a photo of the guy at AUS who insisted that, because he travels _so_ much, he is automatically the first person in _every_ queue. In other words, _every_ line at _every_ airport starts immediately behind _him_.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 1:07 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by fwoomp
Clipping one's nails at the gate in public, while not a great thing to do, affronts a small number of people at a particular time, and does not deserve be punished with worldwide public ridicule in perpetuity via a post on the Internet.

Look, I doubt any one of us exhibits exemplary public behavior at all times. Would you want your momentary lapses publicized for all time?
I do wonder what happens to the nails you just cut. They don't belong on the floor but in a trash can. For me that would be the biggest concern. A bit of respect for the cleaning staff!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by kcaluwae
I do wonder what happens to the nails you just cut. They don't belong on the floor but in a trash can. For me that would be the biggest concern. A bit of respect for the cleaning staff!
My thoughts exactly. When I clip my nails at home, I make sure they all land in the trash can, and pick up/vacuum the ones that don't. I hate having nail clippings on the floor for me to walk over.

I definitely wouldn't want nail clippings all over the floor in a public place. It's not the act itself, it's what's left behind.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 2:06 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I almost took a picture of a gentlemen who put his bare feet on a table at the CDG AAdmirals Club, but he became suspicious and put them down. It should've been a good start for the thread.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
If there is an interest here in AA gate lice and/or aberrent behaviour thread, such as "Celebrity Sightings", et al.?
For the love of God (or the FSM), please confine threads like this to the DL forum. They seem to love them over there. Let's not spread the disease.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.