Wiki Posts
Search

International business class on 757

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2013, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald)
International business class on 757

How is the international biz class on 757? Doing the Man-JFK flight in a few weeks and as someone who doesn't normally like AA and flies BA, wondering how I should set my expectations. I'm only going for a long weekend, so didn't want the faff of connecting in London - will I regret it?!
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:16 am

You'll regret it if you're expecting Concorde. You won't if you don't mind angled flat seats and mostly pleasant service. BTW this has been discussed many times before. Use 757 international or 757 ngbc as search terms and read away.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
While the service may or may not be up to Concorde standards (I would say may not), the seats certainly are an improvement over the Concorde!
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by CVCONDE
While the service may or may not be up to Concorde standards (I would say may not), the seats certainly are an improvement over the Concorde!
I understand there is also a small difference in the technical capabilities...
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
I used to fly the BOS-LHR route on AA on their 757 in J. To tell you the truth, it is my favorite cabin on any AA metal. The number of J seats are limited so the service is much faster and the cabin is much more private than the J cabin on a 777.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by ManchesterBDFlyer
How is the international biz class on 757? Doing the Man-JFK flight in a few weeks and as someone who doesn't normally like AA and flies BA, wondering how I should set my expectations. I'm only going for a long weekend, so didn't want the faff of connecting in London - will I regret it?!
YES!!!
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
YES!!!
Come on NY is pretty bad, but he might manage one weekend without significant regrets.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
YES!!!
Will the OP really wish he added (at least) 2h25m to his journey, of which would be a 1h5m flight in Y and and dealing with LHR airport, only to have a fully-flat seat on a BA morning/afternoon flight?

I certainly prefer a fully-flat seat to an angled lie-flat seat, but I would not add over 2hrs and a connection just to get one, especially on a day flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.