Best seats on 767-200 Int'l flts ?

Old Feb 8, 01, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Best seats on 767-200 Int'l flts ?

Am flying with family on AA52 Chicago/Glasgow this summer, have never flown on the 767-200

Am currently assigned 25ABCE....CE are bulkhead seats, on seat map 25AB appear to have slightly more leg room than normal.

My question is that the seat map for rows 17 to 24 looks really weird, ie no centre seats at all (what's in the gap ?) and no 19HJ either....

I saw that 17HJ are the best seats, but what about :
17AB (same as 17HJ?)
20AB, HJ (looks like HJ have amazing legroom)

Can anybody advise ?
Old Feb 8, 01, 11:03 am

Originally posted by TomCayman:
Am flying with family on AA52 Chicago/Glasgow this summer, have never flown on the 767-200

Am currently assigned 25ABCE....CE are bulkhead seats, on seat map 25AB appear to have slightly more leg room than normal.

My question is that the seat map for rows 17 to 24 looks really weird, ie no centre seats at all (what's in the gap ?) and no 19HJ either....

I saw that 17HJ are the best seats, but what about :
17AB (same as 17HJ?)
20AB, HJ (looks like HJ have amazing legroom)

Can anybody advise ?
I am speaking from my experience on the SFO-BOS red-eye which uses the 767-200 International Configuration. Row 17J is an old-style seat but with a foot-rest. It is right next to the galley/J lav. Normally these seats are not released since they are used by the crew. In the aircraft I flew, there was a curtain for the crew's privacy.

The lav/galley also explains why the middle row of seats is missing from Rows 17-24. I have also been assigned Row 25 a number of times by default when I reserve via aa.com. Perhaps these seats are more desirable ; I got an upgrade so do not know how they really are.
Old Feb 8, 01, 1:50 pm

No, 17 AB are not the same as 17HJ. I was lucky enough to get 17J on a LAX-BOS flight last year, but the seat was not offered to me until I checked in at the airport. On a "real" international flight, those seats are probably used as crew seats. But just to be sure, ask if the seat is available because those two seats really make a difference.

Koala85
Old Feb 8, 01, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Tom: I flew the 767-200 to FRA a couple weeks ago in 20A exit row. Better leg room but not that much better and the noise from the galley that served business made sleeping a bit difficult. I was able to get a whole center row and sleep on the way back. A better choice IMHO.

dr

and you can't see the video screen from 20A if that matters - B should be ok.

[This message has been edited by drtravels (edited 02-08-2001).]
Old Feb 11, 01, 6:04 am

20 seat row has good space in front, but busy with traffic.
Also don't know how space will be affected by giving more room in international coach, as theses planes have not been re-configured when they finshed GLA run 1 Nov 2000.
Any update?

------------------

Search this Thread