Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Airlines Website Inconsistencies

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by mathlete
I noticed the same thing the other day, but had no problem ticketing it over the phone (was using a voucher) past the stated time of noon. I double-checked the email I got for the hold, which indeed said 11:59 PM. I guess someone at AA web services just doesn't know the difference between 12 PM and 12 AM.
I had the same experience two weeks ago. I was able to ticket the reservation at around 3:00 PM even though the site said it would expire at 12:00 PM. I didn't bother to report the noon vs midnight confusion to AA, but I will now.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by _kurt
I had the same experience two weeks ago. I was able to ticket the reservation at around 3:00 PM even though the site said it would expire at 12:00 PM. I didn't bother to report the noon vs midnight confusion to AA, but I will now.
You can add me to the list. Just put a trip on hold last night. Email said 11:59PM, but reservation on aa.com says 12:00PM...
Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: Free Agent! B6 Mosaic, AA 5MM LT Plat (EXP gone), SPG LT Plat, WN APlus, Hilton Diamond
This is a bug in the web display. The email acknowledgement correctly says 11:59pm like it used to, but the web display is wrong.

I noticed this on one of my reservations on hold a couple of days ago (F award ticket LAX-MEL on the A380, very important to know exactly when it expires) and I reported it to AA web services. They replied with the above info and said it had been reported to their programmers.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:53 pm

I have noticed this 12:00am 12:00pm thing a while ago and just chalked it up to lazy programming and not checking for corner cases. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 1:48 am

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Got another issue with AA.com. On 3/7/13, I was ticketing on AA flights (ICN-DFW-DCA). Then noticed that I was in Booking Code N (which isn't upgradable), so I called and paid my $ 80 change fee and $ 219 price difference to get code V on 3/26/13. Somehow, the total ticket price displayed went to $ 38.20. I called AA today, and they said it would be corrected; a few minutes ago, my total fare online reads $ 0.00 (which is a real problem getting reimbursement from my client for the airfare). Another call to AA said my reservation and ticket were both just fine; it was a glitch on AA.com.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 1:54 am

Why isn't N upgradable? Are you talking about another airline? Code share?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
My mistake. N only gives 0.5 Elite Qualifying Points per mile rather than V which gives 1.0. I need the points.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:21 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Have holds ever expired around noon? Don't they usually terminate at midnight of whatever time zone the departing leg leaves from?

This sounds like an "AM" "PM" glitch on AA.com.

I've once had to argue with someone that 12pm is NOT midnight.
A good reason for aa (and the rest of the USA) to go over to a 24 hour clock system.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by andyr
This is a bug in the web display. The email acknowledgement correctly says 11:59pm like it used to, but the web display is wrong...
This was my experience last week on an AAward hold.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:16 am
ts3

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, BAEC, SPG, UA, AF
I had the same issue last week on 3 different reservations on hold (2 awards, 1 cash). Not only did the website say "12:00 pm" but there was no button to click to purchase the reservations that afternoon. So, it isn't just a display issue, the website believed that I was past the deadline and thus wouldn't let me purchase.

I did not call web services as I decided, in the end, on a different day/time or routing on each.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:17 pm

I was used to being able to select the booking class on UA's website (where even specific classes can be chosen), but I find that I cannot do this on AA's. I seem to only be able to choose between N class (for the "lowest fare" or B (or higher) class for "fully flexible"). I am trying to get full 1.0 points (like with V class) and cannot get between N and B. Is there something I am missing? I assume I can get V (or similar) by calling AA reservations, but I would prefer being able to so online.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:52 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by relangford
Is there something I am missing? I assume I can get V (or similar) by calling AA reservations, but I would prefer being able to so online.
No, you are not missing anything, if you need a specific fare class which is not showing on AA.com you will have to call.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 4:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
It's a glitch. Put it on hold and showed 12pm message. Waited until 11pm to ticket it without issues...
Old Apr 11, 2013, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wish they used the 24-hour clock. The AM/PM notation is fraught with misunderstandings.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hillrider
Wish they used the 24-hour clock. The AM/PM notation is fraught with misunderstandings.
Only if one of the parties in the communication doesn't know when it changes from AM to PM or PM to AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.