"[email protected]" email address??

Old Feb 8, 01, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

"[email protected]" email address??

I was given this email address by an AA CSR in response to my question: "Who can I send an email to about .....".

My question to this Board is:

Is this a "good" email address at AA?

If the answer is "Yes", then what is "different" about this address from "customer relations" and "customer service"?

Yes, I know, I could just send an email to this address and see what happens. Didn't want to do that if it was a real address and was receiving hundreds/thousands of emails a day. I didn't want to add my one little "drip" of water to what must surely be a water torture.

Thanks in advance for any replies!!

dAAvid -

ps - why did I not use this email address after I asked for it? Well, I got over being "upset" rather quickly (DFW-SFO flight). Guess I am just "eAAsy" to get along with.
Old Feb 8, 01, 7:23 pm

Im not sure if I understand what you are asking. My apologies if I'm adrift...

Emails to customer service are for any issues with your AAdvantage account. Mileage credits, awards, elite status, upgrade account, address changes, Advantage rules, AAdvantage partners, etc.

Emails to Customer Relations would be to resolve operational issues you have encountered that are not necessarly AAdvantage account issues. The AAdvantage account need not even be an issue here.
Old Feb 9, 01, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Sorry I failed to make myself clear. The question is - can anyone here confirm that "[email protected]" is a good, valid email address at AA. If it is - what dept/group/area of service does it go to?

I have searched this board, and other sites as well, and found no reference to this address. So - I have some strong doubts that this is a "good" address.

Waiting to see if someone who knows more about the inside of AA than I do can tell this is a valid, and useful, address and what value an email to this address would bring to the sender. What kind of help could be expected; what kind of issue would be accepted by this party, etc.

Almost anybody on this board will know a LOT more about AA (inside and out) than me. I am just a fare paying pax who has been flying with AA since before they moved to DFW (actually Ft. Worth).

dAAvid -

Search this Thread