AA Introduces Connecting Gate Information Display in Flight

Old Feb 7, 01, 10:27 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

AA Introduces Connecting Gate Information Display in Flight

American Airlines today became the first airline in North America to introduce connecting gate information displays on cabin video monitors during flight. The connecting gate information feature is an enhancement to American's existing inflight feature, Airshow programming.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010207/tx_america.html
Old Feb 7, 01, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
Now that's a useful "enhancement" for someone who often finds himself connecting at DFW -- thanks for the tip!!
Old Feb 7, 01, 11:50 pm

CX has been offering this service on some of their aircraft for a year or so (and they show all oneworld carrier connections). It sure beats listening to the FA's rattle off all of the connecting cities.
Old Feb 8, 01, 6:53 am

I'm sure many other airlines do this too, but I know that Swissair and Sabena do it for arrivals in Zurich, Brussels, and Geneva.
Old Feb 8, 01, 10:11 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Yes - very "useful" on MD-80's (bulk of AA fleet) with no video equipment whatsoever in '01.
Old Feb 8, 01, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Originally posted by freeupgrade:
Yes - very "useful" on MD-80's (bulk of AA fleet) with no video equipment whatsoever in '01.
That's exactly what I was thinking... I'm also trying to decide if the Chicago to San Diego web fare is worth it on an MD-80.

-Robert

Search this Thread