Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you have to pay to downgrade FF tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Do you have to pay to downgrade FF tickets?

I'm currently holding FF tickets in F, booked with 25,000 ow Saver awards. If we need to change our dates, but keep the same routing, same departure and arrival cities, BUT...F Saver seats are no longer available...and we don't want to double our miles outlay to upgrade to F AAnytime awards, but are willing to fly Coach...do we have to pay the redeposit fee for these tickets and book NEW ones in coach, or can we just downgrade to coach seats using these same tickets and pay no fee?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
We've downgraded seats to coach with such a change within the past 6 months at the last min (2 days til original flight) with 0 cost. It was a quick and simple call to the AA number and all was handled with 0 cost to me.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Thank you, that's reassuring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.