Is there a limit to the number of US - Europe bonus miles?

Old Feb 3, 01, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Is there a limit to the number of US - Europe bonus miles?

Hello, I've been lurking here for a while, and I just wanted to say what a fantastic resource this forum is - I'll do my best to contribute.

I've done 2 roundtrips, JFK-LHR, Business Class. I'll be doing a 3rd trip in mid-February, for a total of 60k bonus miles.

The Euro promotion runs out on March 31, 2001.

My question is: I can squeeze a 4th trip in before 3/31, but will it count towards additional bonus miles?

Thanks a lot!
Old Feb 3, 01, 9:23 am

The EUR00 bonus specials clearly mentioned only bonus miles for 3 trips US-Europe. However, at least one FTer here has mentioned that he managed to get bonus miles even for flights to Europe after his 3rd! You should call the elite desk, tell them your situation, and get a response from the horse's mouth. And note the name of the agent too if you get a positive response. Otherwise, do the usual AAdvantage merry-go-round thinggy.

Maybe AA never could imagine someone flying to Europe more than thrice in a couple of months?
Old Feb 3, 01, 10:37 am
Suspended

I've flown 5 qualifying RT's so far and have only received 3 bonus trips. All in coach. I tried to sign up again after the third but it said "you are already registered for this promotion". I would think you could get 3 each in coach and business though.
Old Feb 3, 01, 11:48 am

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
I believe that you can mix and match promotions, e.g., fly over three times in business and three times in coach and get credit for both promotions. However, those that fly business probably don't want to fly coach just to get those miles, and those that fly coach don't want to pay the difference to fly in business.

Maybe you can route your European trips by way of Japan to get credit for that promotion?
Old Feb 3, 01, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by maple:
... Maybe AA never could imagine someone flying to Europe more than thrice in a couple of months?
...never imagined it myself, actually!

Thanks for all the replies, I'll check before I fly again...

[This message has been edited by BluesWannabe (edited 02-03-2001).]

Search this Thread